Unable to execute executables. :)

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tempnexus, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Guest

Ok I know that TDS-3 has executable protection, but I know that it's a part of a full version. Now, I installed an evalution version on my friends PC on his D partition. He decided to happilly wipe his D partition and now now MSI or other executables will execute, they are asking for the tds-3.exe file.
    Now what should I do to revert everything back to normal?
    Also I am stumped since evaluation of TDS-3 has no exec protection installed so there should be no reference to tds3.exe file when executing a program. (very strange).

Thank You for any and all help.

2. tempnexus

tempnexus Guest

I mean that the MSI or other executables will not execute. Sorry for the mistype.

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

How about re-installing TDS-3 (in the same place)? And maybe uninstall after properly? The tds-3.exe is the exe to start TDS..... not the exec protection.
    Are you able to get it from the registry? and no way to edit anything in options or settings in the MSI ?
    MSI = ??
    Did he not uninstall TDS before wiping his D:\ ?
    Same for other programs, as if f.e. his windows is in C:\ installed programs on other partitions will point to windows.

4. tempnexus

tempnexus Guest

MSI (MicroSoft Installer)
    I will tell him to install it into the same drive.

The reason is why does the TDS-3 hooked itself to the execution process? I know the hook exists (is installed) in executive protection of TDS-3. Hence I question why did the pointer changed to TDS-3 before allowing the application to execute.

Thank You for your help

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi tempnexus,

Email Wayne@diamondcs.com.au and he will help you out quickly :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.