Unable to eject USB drives

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgoodman4, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axial

axial Registered Member

Uwe Sieber has quite a lot of info on this specific issue on his website at
    http://www.uwe-sieber.de/english.html

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

If you are referring to having an AV protecting the recycle bin, I don't think that's the case (I never had any Norton products on this computer, and I think Avira Premium doesn't interfere).

I should also mention that when I'm talking about USB HD, I mean a real HD, not a flash drive (size is around 8x12 cm, 80 GB capacity), and the few times I unplugged it ignoring the warning, I certainly made sure that all the files and folders were not open. I don't use it often as I have only ShadowProtect images stored into it, I have also restored my computer several time from it without any problems. It is the only device that actually creates this alert, the other similar HD, flash drives, digital cameras etc, have always disconnected with the approval of the OS.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

In that case I'd no longer (as I'm sure you've been doing) pay it any mind.

4. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I don't think I would take a chance with my backups. The last thing you want to find out when you are in a crisis is that for some reason your drive with the backups on it is unavailable for some reason. That of course is just my opinion.

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

So far it has worked flawlessly, but I agree when ever I plug it in (which is only to refresh my last image) I shut down the computer to avoid any file corruption when I'm done with it. I'm planning to get a third HD of around 250 GB so that I would have three USB HDs having the same images.

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.