unable to download spywareblaster updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ray baker, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray baker

ray baker Guest

been using spywareblaster 2.61 for awhile, but recently tried downloading updates for it. the first couple of times while it was updating the database, i would get an error msg for kernel o_O(sorry, fairly new to computers), and spywareblaster would close.

uninstalled and reinstalled it. again tried updating the database and i would get a msg the files were corrupped and needed to be downloaded again, which i did 3 more times with the same msg.

any suggestions to get spywareblaster downloades to update the database?

thanks, ray

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi Ray,

See if that is what you want

keep posting

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Saving those files mentioned above should get you set with the latest database.

I'd like for you to try something to see if it fixes your updating problems:

Download the file from here (select Save As): http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/msinet.cab

Then, copy both files from the file you downloaded to any folder (but make sure you copy both to the same folder). To do this, highlight both files, right-click and select "copy". Then go to any folder and right-click and select "paste".

Right-click on the MSINET.INF file that you have now extracted and select "Install".

Let me know if that fixes the updating problems.

Also, can you check in the "Settings" area of SpywareBlaster, and see if "Use Alternative Download Method" is checked? Thanks!

-Javacool

4. ray baker

ray baker Guest

i downloaded and installed the inf file. i also checked the box for alternative downloading.

my problem is not the downloading. the problem is after downloading during the update process. i get a msg that some of the downloaded files were corrupped and to download again, which i do, and get the same msg.

as i said, i have used spywareblaster for awhile and never had problems updating before. i had thought that i might not be the only person having an update problem, but it seems like i am.

i started to have a problem with another software program--copernic agent, and i wonder if the two problems are related. the only thing that i know that i have done different is to try a new web browser--firefox (didn't like, so i unistalled it).

oh well, thanks for trying.

ray

5. javacool

Could you provide more details about your system?

Your version of Windows for example.

Thanks!

-Javacool

6. ray baker

ray baker Guest

i'm using win me on an emachines 633id with 192 ram.

ray

7. jkm

jkm Guest

Pretty much check all my software for updates at least once a week. Today, began receiving message for Spyguard that is could not download updates because of server problems, my firewall, or corrupt files. In the past, have only received a "no updates available' message. For Blaster, have gotten occasional updates without any problem. What could be going on with SpyGuard?? Running a Dell 8200 Pentium IV, WIndows XP.

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Most probably a server overload issue; too many users (trying to) grab the latest updates at the same time. Please try again in a couple of hours or so. ;)

regards.

paul

9. javacool

The server appears to be down (or at least not responding) - I'm working on getting to the bottom of the issue.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.