Unable to deploy to remote XP stations from WS 2k8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aurax, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurax

aurax Registered Member

Hi,

I'm testing Acronis Enterprise echo server. My configuration is DC WS 2k8 ENT. server that runs echo server, group server & agent.

I'm Connecting to my DC using console management client and from there to group server. there I'm trying to deploy to remote machines the windows agent and receive the following error:
    E00010000: Remote installation to "...." failed

The service did not start due to a logon failure (0xfff0)
    code 8007042d

following some articles in acronis knowledge base site there was an explanation that i should turn Acornis installation service to run as a local service account. but there's no such service.

on the remote machine admin$ share is open. i can install the agent manually and it work's fine. but not using remote deployment.

Thanks in advance,
    Tal.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tal,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Corporate Products

Please make sure that the following processes should be added to a firewall exception for agent.exe service:

UDP port: 9876
    TCP port: 9876, if busy, choose at random
    IPv4 multicast address: 239.255.219.45
    IPv6 multicast address: FF05::fAA5:741E.

Also when you are using Acronis Management Console to connect to computers that have Acronis Agents installed in a domain environment and no username is entered, the default one is used, i.e. the username that was used to log into Windows. And if you are logged in as a domain administrator, you can connect to any computer in the domain without the need to specify credentials. Username and password fields blank can be left blank when using Acronis Management Console to connect to computers with Acronis Agents.

Also, you can use IP address to specify the computer you want to install Acronis Agent to.

Also, you can create a new account on the remote computer and use its credentials to install Acronis Agent.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. aurax

aurax Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Problem is that i have no firewall on those machines. (windows firewall service is turned off)

I also tried your method without supplying login credentials, same logon error...

From what i understood there should be 'logon as service' in gpo and add domain administrators & DOMAIN\Administrator there. that did not help as well.

If there's any more information i can provide that can help to solve this problem let me know.

Thanks!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aurax,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Corporate Products

Please exclude Acronis True Image Agent to a local directory (launch the product installation file; once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on Acronis True Image Agent. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract and save the file to a folder). Specify this folder manually during the installation.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.