Unable to create Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kantjer, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kantjer

kantjer Registered Member

Hi,

I’m having a problem creating a Secure Zone using TI 7.0 build 613.

After using the Manage Secure Zone wizard my the system reboots and I’m getting the following messages:

Analizing 100%
    Locking 100%
    Checking 100%

ERROR: Unable to write Disk 1 sector 58047

I have been able to create a secure zone using the bootable media, but not been able to ad Startup recovery from the program (getting similar unable to write messages)

When I write images to the secure zone created via the boot disk everything looked ok until I did an image check, image corrupt. I made a new image same problem.

Removing the Secure Zone can also only be done using the Boot Disk.

Anybody having any idea what could be coursing this?

Thanks

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Are you sure your HD is good?
    See my post here and post your results.

3. kantjer

kantjer Registered Member

Attached the results of SmartMonTools, as you can see I was unable to get a result for disk A.

Disk a is a Raid 0 disk (2 x 80 GB WD disks) attached to a on-board HighPoint HPT370 Raid interface. Could it be that TI does not support this Raid chip?

Attached Files:

4. wdormann

Ahh, RAID0. I don't think you mentioned that originally.

Assuming that smartmontools can't see the individual drives in the RAID (using letters even past d (e,f,g,...), then the only way that I can see is to take the drives off of the RAID controller and put them on a standard controller (or switch the controller to non-RAID mode if that's possible), boot with a floppy or knoppix CD or whatever and run smartctl from there.

This is the exact reason why I would NEVER run RAID0 off of such a controller. Without access to the SMART data, you have less of a warning in the unfortunate event that one or more of the drives starts to go south. If one drive goes bad, ALL of your data is gone.

5. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

I think the key issue here is that the most recent build doesn't support the SI3112.

6. wdormann

Just out of curiosity, where does the SI3112 fit into this thread?

7. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, tazdev

Sorry to say you are wrong about that now tazdev, been supported about 3weeks now.

Read this thread it near the bottom taz:- When Raid0

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.