Unable to Create Rescue CD after install of TI 9.0.3666

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ranger Bob, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Registered Member

I am unable to create a Rescue CD after installing TI 9.0.3666. I did a complete uninstall and cleaned the registry before installing the current version. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideals on what I could do to correct the problem?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Hmmm. It worked OK for me earlier today. Did you have a previous version of TI installed? Were you able to build a CD with the previous version? What error message did you recieve?

3. Ranger Bob

I completely uninstalled the previous version. I had no problems creating the Rescue CD with my previous version. I can not read the error message because it is behind the progress graphic and when I try to move the progress graphic the error message stays behind it so it can not be read.

4. SemiP

SemiP Registered Member

Ranger Bob, are you trying to perform a direct burn to CD? If so, what happens if you select the option to create an ISO file instead? If you don't have software to burn an ISO file to CD, there is an excellent freeware burner from ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/

HTH, SemiP

5. Ranger Bob

Yes it is a direct burn to the CD to create the Rescue CD but I have never had to create an ISO file in the past to do this.

Just and FYI ... I have tried this with two different CD/DVD writers on the PC with the same results.

6. SemiP

SemiP Registered Member

Right. Did you try to create an ISO? You shouldn't need to create an ISO to accomplish this. But it might help to isolate where the trouble occurs. Could still be something boloxed in the installed related to Acronis's burner.

7. Ranger Bob

Ok I see your point. I tried the create of the ISO file and it worked. After creating the ISO file I could then burn it to a CD.

8. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

i save a copy of thr rescue image to each usb drive, so, if needed, i can take the usb drive to another computer and create a rescue cd.

9. Ranger Bob

I was able to create the Rescue CD from the ISO file so I should not need to do this. I don't think I should have to do this and feel that TI has a problem. I don't know, maybe I am the only person with this problem but it is strange that the problem only started after installing 3666 and I don't know what else to do besides doing a clean install of the version.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ranger Bob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please find the instructions on how to fix the problem with the bootable rescue CD creation at this previous post.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.