Unable to create Recovery CD.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Si., Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Si.

Si. Registered Member

I'm trying to evaluate True Image but I can't get it to create a recovery CD. I've trie don several PCs with varing combinations of CDRW/DVDRW drives but the only option I get is for Floppy disk.

Any ideas?

Si

2. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

The demo version has limited options so it's likely it cannot create the bootable CD for you. I have to say that TI works very well for me.
    I can create bootable CDs, create an image onto DVD or an external USB drive and Restore with no problems.

Some folk obviously do have problems for a number of reasons as you will read here.
    HTH
    John

3. como

como Registered Member

4. kd7klq

kd7klq Registered Member

I have tried every single suggestion in here to create a Bootable Rescue disk using a CD-R disk, and it simply will not work. My cd burner works with every other burning program on my computer. I have tried safe mode, I have tried disabling my 2nd cd-rom drive (just plain cd-rom, no burner), and everything else in this forum. I hope Acronis comes up with a fix to this soon. By the way, I could create the recovery CD's just fine with version 7.0, now that I have upgraded to 8.0, I can not. What's up with thato_O

-Hayden

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kd7klq,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all, please note that trial version of Acronis True Image does allow you to create Acronis Bootable CD however you won't be able to press the "Proceed" button after booting from it and setting up the operation (it is a limitation of the trial version).

Could you please describe why you cannot create Acronis Bootable CD? Do you encounter any error when you try to create the CD or the only option Acronis True Image allows you to choose is to create bootable floppies?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. mrayers

mrayers Guest

I just installed the full version of TrueImage and I can also not make bootable cd's.

I get an error box instantly after clicking "Proceed" that says only "Error Burning the Bootable CD-R/CD-RW" with the only clickabe button being "OK"

Very informative isn't it?

Questions:

-I'm trying to use dvd media, because that is all I have available today, will
    that work or, for some strange reason, does it actually have to be a cd?

- If I use flash media I CAN burn a bootable CF card. Can I copy those files to a dvd and use that, or are there some hidden files, etc. that won't burn to disk?

I don't have a floppy drive so I cant use that method.

Mike

7. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

I have been using ti since version 7 I think and have never been able to create a recovery CD that worked, so I always ended up making floppies. The program would create the recovery CD (supposedly) just fine but it would never boot into it and go straight into Windows. And yes, I'm not stupid, I can boot from other CD's.

8. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Mrayers, there are solutions to this problem, there are threads in this forum that will tell you how to fix it the make the bootable CD, try doing a search. I just don't remember them right now, sorry.

hoser_d, try emailing support and have them send you the link to the iso image. Then burn the iso to cd and try again. Also, try to safe version.

Good luck.

9. tiananmen

tiananmen Guest

I also have a problem not burning but during restart with the bootable cd inside. After choosing the full mode of the application, nothing more happens, I mean black screen. Nobody experienced with the same?

tnx

T.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please note that currently we do not support bootable DVD creation. However you may store image files on DVDs.

If you cannot create Acronis Bootable CD please make sure that you use blank unformatted CD and if the problem persists please send a description of all your actions to support@acronis.com.

If you are unable to boot from Acronis Bootable CD please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create the sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the full version of your Acronis software (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mike,

This <previous thread> provides instructions on how to create a bootable rescue DVD that can also contain your image file. Read the whole thread and then choose to use either wdormann's original procedure or my updated version. Either will work just as well.

Whether or not you can create a "working" bootable rescue CF card depends on your own particular hardware and BIOS specifications. I've managed to create the bootable rescue media onto a 256MB USB 2.0 flash drive (Captiva)and it works a treat.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.