Unable to create image on network shared folder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobbenedetti, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbenedetti

bobbenedetti Registered Member

I am unable to create an image of my laptop(XP Home SP2) on a shared folder on my networked desktop computer(XP Pro SP2).
    Trend Micro Internet security 2005 is installed on both computers. Windows firewall is disabled and the problem remains if I turn off the Trend Micro firewall.
    TI creates a file on the share as mybackup1.tib even though the name entered at the laptop is mybackup.tib.
    Data bounces back and forth for a few minutes then the operation is terminated with error 6004.
    I can transfer files back and forth between the two with windows explorer and on the laptop I can both verify and explore another image on the desktop. I can also create an image on another computer on my home network.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Bob

A copy of the log foillows:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log uuid="B3306046-BCFE-422B-83F7-96D8459D7C87">
    <event code="2" id="1" message="Creating the image has started" module="100" time="1115157337" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1115157339" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="3" message="Analyzing partition 1-1..." module="1" time="1115157339" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="4" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1115157339" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="5" message="Analyzing partition 1-3..." module="1" time="1115157340" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="6" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1115157340" type="2" />
    <event code="1008" id="7" message="Imaging operation summary:
    &lt;bold>Create Full Image&lt;/bold>
    &lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>From: &lt;indent value=10>NTFS (C:)&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    To file: &lt;indent value=10>&quot;\\Bob\Images\BOB700m.tib&quot;&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    Compression: &lt;indent value=10>None&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    Description: &lt;indent value=10>
    &quot:Dell 700m Windows SP2 full complement of apps&quot;&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    &lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1115157340" type="2" />
    <event code="504" id="8" message="Pending operation 110 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1115157340" type="2" />
    <event code="3" id="9" message="Error writing the file.

Please press &lt;bold>Retry&lt;/bold> to try again or press &lt;bold>Cancel&lt;/bold> to cancel the operation and stop.: Retry/Cancel" module="4" time="1115157429" type="4" />
    <event code="3" id="10" message="Error writing the file.

Please press &lt;bold>Retry&lt;/bold> to try again or press &lt;bold>Cancel&lt;/bold> to cancel the operation and stop.: Retry/Cancel" module="4" time="1115157473" type="2" />
    <event code="502" id="11" message="Operation with partition &quot;C:&quot; was terminated with code 34 &quot;Operation canceled by user&quot;" module="1" time="1115157474" type="4" />
    <event code="5" id="12" message="Image creation has failed." module="100" time="1115157474" type="4" />
    </log>

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bobbenedetti,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, we recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server to the 826 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

If the problem persists, please do the following:

- Start Acronis True Image and create a new task using Schedule Task wizard, but do not schedule it (on the Start Parameters page choose "Do not start automatically"). Set the name of the new task to "Test Task";
    - Download the following file from our site:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImage8.0_dbg_s_en.zip

- Unpack this archive into the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder;
    - Open the \Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ folder and find the script file with the following parameter inside: display name="Test Task". Please note that this folder is hidden, so you may need to enable "Show hidden files and folders" option in Tools\Folder Options\View menu;
    - Copy this script file to the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder and rename the copy for simplicity (for example, name it 'test.tis');
    - Start Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Type the following commands in the shell window:

cd \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage
    ti_demon /script: test.tis > ti.log 2>&1 ('test.tis' is the name of the copied script file)

- Send the ti.log file from the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova.

3. bobbenedetti

bobbenedetti Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

I took the easy way out. Figuring it must be caused by somethiing I did or Installed (because it worked before) I restored my backup image and everything is working fine now.

BTW TI was not the only app affected. It was the same with PQ Drive Image 7 and Norton Ghost 9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.