Unable to Boot PC

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by SMHarman, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMHarman

SMHarman Registered Member

Hi,
    I used Partition Expert 2003 (PCWD2003 trial) to recover the unformatted space on my PC. To do this I first had to create a new volume, then move the space in this volume to another volume. This all worked fine.

I was now left with a partition of about 20Mb and wanted to delete this, the trial did not allow this, so I used the option in Windows XP.

XP said it was unable to complete this task. When the PC rebooted window said it could not boot from the HDD.

Now I just get a no boot disk, insert boot disk and press enter.

I've bought Power Utilities 2004 and created the Recovery Expert FDDs these load fine on the PC I'm typing this on, but on the FUBARed PC they load, but I never get the ACRONIS box and flashing cursor in the top left when the third disk has finished loading.

To add to the complexity of this the poorly PC has an ASUS Mobo and the disks are two 80GB SATAs connected to the MOBO in RAID0 (total 160GB split 12GB/48GB/100GB/20MB (immidatly prior to the problems). Windows requires the F6 and insert SATA R0 drivers as part of the process.

FixMBR says it cannot find an MBR to fix (or words to that effect).

Where do I go from here format?? Can I recover the disks?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SMHarman,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

This problem is really strange. We require additional diagnostic information in orderr to help you.

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the "report.txt" file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the reference to this thread.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.