Unable to boot from the Acronis 10 cd into the Full version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jill H, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill H

Jill H Registered Member

I have tried the quiet acpi = off no apic workaround and I get stuck on the screen that says Loading.. I have the latest build as well.

For the record I have a Toshiba M145 series laptop and I was able to create other bootable cds but I am having problems with this one.

Removing the "quiet" option gives an error about Unknown error 19 and thenstates something about the cardmgr. I know nothing about Linus so I don't know what that is.

this is for the HOME edition

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try the cd on another computer. Do you have anything usb connected? If so, just for a test, disconnect them and try again.

3. Jill H

Jill H Registered Member

Yes it booted up on a Dell PC so it is something with the hardware, maybe.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jill H,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you have recreated Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after installing the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

If the issue persists with the latest build and "acpi=off noapic" doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please do the following:
    - Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".
    When the screen stops scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You may want to try building a BartPE CD Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD with one Mustang's BartPE Plugins. BartPE uses windows drivers and will usually work where the Linux rescue CD won't. The Linux based rescue cd is notorious for not supporting some of the newer hardware. You can't add the drivers to the rescue cd but with BartPE you can add the drivers you need.

6. Jill H

Jill H Registered Member

I was able to create a BartPE cd with the instructions posted and it works. Thanks a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.