Unable to boot Fedora 11 installation with Boot Manager

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by eldiener, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eldiener

eldiener Registered Member

I am using Paragon Partition Manager 10.0 Professional.

I successfully install Fedora 11. The /boot partition, setup to use GRUB, is in an extended partition on my first hard drive. The partition is labelled for easy identifying with Boot Manager.

When I reboot and the Boot Manager screen appears, it successfully shows me a boot manager item at the labelled boot partition. But instead of saying "GRUB", as two other Linux distributions which I can successfully boot from Boot Manager do, it says "Linux" instead. It strongly looks like it thinks this is a LILO boot rather than GRUB. When I try booting this partition, no GRUB screen appears, the first line says "This is an ancient...." something ( the screen scrolls too fast and the keyboard can not control it ), and the boot fails.

It looks like Boot Manager thinks this is LILO rather than GRUB and boots it incorrectly. Alternatively the installation may have been flawed but no one else has encountered this from the Fedora 11 installation that I can see.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with Boot Manager ? Is there a fix to this ?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

have you created a paragon bootable disc and used the option "look for os's on my hard drive"? and then selected fedora?
    does it boot when you do that?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. eldiener

eldiener Registered Member

I do not understand your answer.

I have created a bootable disc to bring up Partition Manager but I do not understand what the option "look for os's on my hard drive" is ? Is not the bootable disc only for running Partition Manager outside of the Windows environment ? If so, why should the bootable disc have something which the Windows version does not and, if so, what is itm how does it work, and what does it have to do with Boot Manager ?

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

most paragon discs have an option on the main menu to look for OS's on hard drives. it will boot the entry and i dont know if it will work or not but its worth a go.
    I have this option on the linuxbootable cd of paragon drive backup and hard disc manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.