Unable to block some activex controls

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ahh! help!, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahh! help!

ahh! help! Guest

Whenever I click enable all protection, SB doesn't protect against 13 of the items. I've tried everything to enable them, but they are still unchecked on the Custom List. Does it mean I'm infected with them? Please help!

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ahh help!

What other security software do you use to remove spyware?

We need a bit more information than what you've supplied in your post, if you want us to give you a reasonable answer and solution to the problem you're having. :doubt:

Regards,

snap

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey ahh,

Along with Snap's requests.....would you also help with your SpywareBlaster problem by breaking it up a bit. By that I mean....when you enable all protection your enabling the protection for the Internet Explorer Protection, Restricted Sites Protection and\or Mozilla/Firefox Protection. My guess is we are going to find the entries as part of the Restricted Sites Protection but want know unless you'll temporarily Please do the following.

1)Disable All Protection
    2)Enable Internet Explorer Protection only.
    --Does it mention 13 of the items not protected ?
    3)Enable Restricted Sites Protection
    4)Enable Mozilla/Firefox Protection

4. ahh! help!

ahh! help! Guest

All I use is SB and Spybot S&D... Also, (if this will help) I have a XP.

5. ahh! help!

ahh! help! Guest

It mentions it under Internet Explorer protection only.(If that helps)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Well....so much for my Guess :)

Breaking it down a little further....are the entries ActiveX type and\or Cookie type ?

Assuming it's ActiveX type....Please uncheck Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware....etc....re-select that setting and then select Protect Against Checked Items.

7. ahh! help!

ahh! help! Guest

Yes it is activex. I've already done everything to select the 13 things, but it still doesn't work. I noticed that I didn't have the problem until I installed a new update for SB. Maybe it's just I need to reinstall SB...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.