UltraViewer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hadron, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

UltraViewer is a new FREE remote control application that is being talked about and being compared to TeamViewer.

Judging by the screenshots, it does look a bit like TeamViewer, but I have not yet tried it. Have you?

UltraViewer.png

What do you think of it?

2. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

I am interesant in answers too:)

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

This is the first I've heard of it. I just installed it and I hope it will be a good alternative to TeamViewer. I like TeamViewer a lot, but from time to time I need to use it for commercial use. I can't afford to pay the high licensing fees for the limited amount of time I use it, and have been wanting to replace it with something more affordable. I like that UltraViewer is free even for commercial use, and that the "Buy now" button on thier website, brings up a popup saying the same.

Edit: I just did a test using both UltraViewer and TeamViewer on two computers using the same internet connection. TeamViewer is quite a bit faster than UltraViewer. When I opened the Start Menu on the remote computer, there was a delay of about a second before the the UltraViewer showed that I had opened the Start Menu. With TeamViewer there was no delay. I opened a webpage and scrolled down the page, there was some delay for both UltraViewer and TeamViewer to update their windows, but the delay was less with TeamViewer.

Another issue with UltraViewer is that you can't drag and drop files onto its window to transfer files to the target computer. However, I'm sure UltraViewer will be improved with future versions.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

Thanks for that review.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.