UltimateDefrag

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Whats happened to the supposed release of UltimateDefrag with Offline defragmenting? Last I heard it was supposed to have been released in June this year o_O

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hey, a few weeks ago i got an email saying it would be a free upgrade to all registered users and will be avaliable in a few weeks.
    on another note they never replyed to my email about not being able to start ultimate defrag due to an error.

3. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

Yea, I got the same email where they indicated around the end of Aug. They make some interesting comments about the new boot defrag features. If they can pull it off you'll be able to place offline sys files, MFT, etc in places you prefer or you can select the automatic setting that will place these files in a standard optimum position. It will be interesting to compare the placement strategy for these files in contrast to Perfectdisk 2008. The email did peak my curiosity. Since I own the latest version I'll see for myself soon.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yep the one thing holding me away from it is there is no offline defrag and i want that, i dont want to or should need to use 2 separate programs for this..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.