Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (UBCD4WIN) - Latest review

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi all,

I've written a new review of the latest UBCD4WIN version 3.22.

If you're wondering what UBCD4WIN is: Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (UBCD4WIN) is a bootable live Windows CD. It is a tremendous administration toolbox, allowing you to audit and diagnose Windows systems without being booted into the native installation, fix problems, inspect registry, clean malware, backup and recover lost data, image the system, and much more.

If you're wondering what news brings the latest version, then you may want to read my review:

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/ubcd4win.html

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,
    A quick question, may be silly but here it goes: Having a good imaging program (I do) what would I gain from this Ultimate Boot CD for Windows?

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

You can place your imaging software plugin onto it ... You can use it to help friends in distress. You can use it for paranoia surfing.

It really depends what you do. Some people will never need it. If you're using imaging software, you'll probably need it less than the next man. Personally, I use it for all backup/restoration of images, as I have the ATI plugin on it.

Running from live CD allows you to keep the native OS dormant, which may be exactly what you want.

Mrk

4. pepin

pepin Registered Member

I have a full XP installation in a HD USB drive prepared with USBoot so it can boot most machines (I tried with seven so far).

In this drive I have installed ATI, DiskDirector and other recovery tools. I also copy on it a iso of some recovery cds that can be launched from the HD USB drive thanks to grub4dos.

However BartPE can't be launched from an iso, I get a BSOD

Do you think UBCD4WIN could apport some new features to this approach?.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.