Ultimate Aussie HIPS Showdown

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by toploader, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

That`s great Mike but take your time and keep that 110% standard up to par. :) I`ll still be here with my download button ready.

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

VMWare Player w/ Browser Appliance.

3. toploader

toploader Registered Member

hi Pete - why indeed? though i wasn't discussing motive just the hypothetical perfect hips.

the perfect hips would of course be free because if the *only* difference between two hips is the price then one usually chooses the cheaper product. (unless one has money to burn)

what we are talking here is Bang for Buck.

if antihook can deliver significant bang for zero bucks then it has to be a big contender.

getting back to motives for providing free software - some vendors make their full products available to home users for free whilst making their money from the corporate licence. others do it for the kudos and some just out of the goodness of their heart.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  4. muf

muf Registered Member

Mike, Any update on the release date for v1.2?

Thanks,
    muf

5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Christmas/New Year got in the way. At the moment, we're (were) getting the wrinkles out of the Kernel Mode driver - this will resume on 4th Jan.

All technical challenges seem to be out of the way, its now just a matter of integrating it into OA and optimising it to ensure good performance.

So, probably this will take another week or so. As it's using the kernel mode driver, 1.2 will have the ability to detect lots of different new keyloggers and I expect it to perform better and take less resources. Of course, this doesn't apply to Win9x users.

2.0 is also coming along nicely - I have the GUI running here now - at least, the prototype of it.

Mike

6. muf

muf Registered Member

Thanks Mike for the response. Looking forward to the new versions and appreciate you providing the update of where you are up to with it. :)

muf

7. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Have you tested one of the sites with the wmf exploit?

-rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.