UK Keyboard Support on BootCD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blackdeliah, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackdeliah

blackdeliah Guest

Hello Acronis Support,

is it possible to build a ATI8 bootable Rescue CD with
    UK Keyboard Layout support?
    Or is this a restriction of the Trial Software?
    I´m planning to buy a few licenses but my machines are using
    UK Keyboards.

regards

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blackdeliah,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Currently we do not support UK keyboard layout in Acronis Bootable CD. We will add this feature to our Enhancement List and it will be implemented in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you for your input.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Hi Ilya

Could this have accounted for some of the problems I experienced when trying to scroll through the screen output after doing an f11, and taking 'quiet' out?

Incidentally, I found that the 'quiet acpi=off noapic' worked for me. Might it be worth incorporating information on how to automate adding the parameters to the boot disk into the 'sticky'?

4. como

como Registered Member

I have a UK keyboard and have not had problems with scolling through the screen output.

I believe the problem with the UK keyboard is when you use a password (in Windows) for the image and use keys that are allocated differently on the US keyboard

Again from previous threads in the forum I believe that if you contact support by email they will give you a link to a iso file which incorporates the commands

5. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Thanks for that, Como. I have contacted TS for help on the commands, but if it's a reasonably common issue, I thought it might be worth having the solution in the sticky - save them answering a lot of emails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.