UDF support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hombre de paja, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hombre de paja

hombre de paja Registered Member

I want to backup a partition on a DVD, the backup file is larger than 2 GB, the TI 10 bootCD can detect correctly and work with UDF DVDs? or I have to make the backup files smaller than 2 GB and burn an ISO DVD?

Thanks for your help

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The boot CD will read UDF but IIRC the UDF version has to be 2.01 or earlier. Menorcaman hopefully will confirm this.

I always split my archives at 1492 MB since the number is easy to remember and it gives files that use the more universal ISO system. Three of the resulting tib files fit nicely on a DVD.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hombre de paja,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that in the old builds of Acronis True Image (3567 and lower) the DVD disc should be preformatted into UDF. This is because that builds do not have the ability to write to DVD disсs directly. The newer builds (3625 and higher) can write to DVD directly (no third-party software needed). Therefore, it does not matter if the DVD disc formatted into UDF or not. You can write the image to a blank unformatted CD/DVD disc. If you use the re-writable disc, Acronis True Image will prompt you to format it and erase this disc.

I also would like to confirm seekforever's reply. The UDF versions higher than 2.01 are not supported when using Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD. Therefore, we recommend you to use UDF version 2.01 or lower.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I assume this is a typo and should be build 3567 or lower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.