Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 - A pot of cold

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Here's a long, thorough review of Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 Wily Werewolf 64-bit edition, tested in a multi-boot setup on a laptop with UEFI, Secure Boot, GPT, 16 partitions and a mixed Windows/Linux deployment, covering live session, installation, and post-install use and tweaks, including look & feel, network connectivity - Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing and printing, multimedia support - MP3, Flash, HD video, smartphone support - iPhone, Ubuntu Phone, Windows Phone, partitioning & slideshow, package management & updates, applications, resource usage, performance, stability, suspend & resume, hardware support, customization, various bugs and problems like upowerd and Realtek regressions, other observations, and more. Have fun.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/ubuntu-werewolf-gnome.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

About the Nokia problem: Could you describe the steps to fix the problem?

3. Mrkvonic

As in what needs to be done for it to be resolved? Or if I've resolved it somehow?
    Mrk

4. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

As in what did you do to fix the problem. Step by step.

5. Mrkvonic

But I didn't. The phone works despite the upowerd error, which I bug-reported.
    The network failure is the old Realtek bug, which I always resolve with the modprobe change.
    Mrk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.