Ubuntu 8.10 is here...

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Kerodo, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Finally got around to installing 8.10 on a real system. I was able to successfully install it in a rollback rx snapshot. I never considered dual booting in a snapshot possible but here it is. So far i'm impressed, even tho the installer says there is a performance decrease from installing it in windows it still performs far better than the vista business that came pre-installed. Everything appears to work straight out of the box which is cool. I turned on some eye candy and now its looking and performing great!

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Would you mind telling me how you were able to install it with Rollback Rx installed?

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Sorry I just realised that my original post wasn't quite accurate in its description (i shouldn't write posts late at night lol). I actually uninstalled rollback rx then installed ubuntu in windows and then reinstalled rollback. So the dual boot setup is actually in the baseline and not a snapshot. I figured this was the safer method for my first install attempt. I'm gonna try installation inside a snapshot sometime today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.