Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS Brings New Linux Hardware Support

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by lotuseclat79, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. tlu

tlu Guest

I had already updated Kubuntu 12.04 on my wife's notebook to the saucy-lts packages some days ago - and it's running better than ever! Even with the raring-lts packages she had frequent graphical glitches, and every time she played a certain Windows game on Wine her system got slower and slower and, ultimately, became unusable until she rebooted it.

Now after the update those problems are gone :) BTW, the update was completely hassle-free.

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I am running 12.04.3. Is there an update "patch" or do I have to download the whole thing from scratch? I can pull down the whole file easily since I am on a 100 meg line today. Hoping to avoid a full reload.

4. tlu

tlu Guest

Haven't you checked the link in my posting above?

5. accessgranted

accessgranted Registered Member

No update patch. Just run the usual "software up to date" procedure from your top right Ubuntu icon. Once the procedure is done, you'll be on 12.04.4

6. tlu

tlu Guest

Hm - I'm on Kubuntu, not Ubuntu so I might be missing something. For all I know, the official proper way how to install the Saucy hardware enablement packages is the following:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-saucy xserver-xorg-lts-saucy libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-saucy
    That's how I did it, and it worked flawlessly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.