µBlock, a lean and fast blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gorhill, Jun 23, 2014.

1. bberkey1

bberkey1 Registered Member

It's a shame that Ublock and matrix will not get any real recognition mainstream wise, when Ublock is very simple to use, even when using the advanced features. Adblock will take the brilliant ideas and take all the credit its a damn shame:mad:

Kudos to you Raymond on two wonderful extensions

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

since installing ublock i have had a ton of firefox crashes. never had these before with add block edge. im going to switch back for a bit and see if it is in fact ublock or firefox itself. but been having crashes left and right and its only on pages where things are being blocked.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hmm I have used Ublock for 2-3 weeks (updated Ublock 3 or 4 times) in Firefox and the browser have never crashed :doubt:

4. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

How to make a filter in ublock to block autoplay of youtube videos, I have used to adblock plus rules and they worked except did not block annotations so I found a filter to block that but now I just want to use a filter rule.
    Thanks, Malwar

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  5. gorhill

gorhill Guest

Javascript is a scripted language, it does not crash. The browser should not crash executing javascript, if it does, it's a bug in the browser, and the proper thing is to report to the browser devs, with as much information as possible on how they can reproduce.

6. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I really haven't been following this thread, but just landed here and wondering. . . does Ublock block trackers like Disconnect or Ghostery? What about ads like ABP?

In other words, would it replace any or all of these other add-ons?

7. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

Yes all of it. No need for anything else and more filters then ABP or Ghostery, you have a lot of filters to choose from. Those are the filter list I use and there is no breakage from them. I also use this one Adblock Warning Removal List‎ which you can find at the bottom of the 3rd party filter tab in the box you have to delete the ! and click parse

Attached Files:

8. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

What do the "Purge Cache" buttons do that I see after some of the 3rd party lists?

9. gorhill

gorhill Guest

Re. "I found a filter to block that", what is the filter?

10. gorhill

gorhill Guest

To purge the cached content of the filter list. It will revert back to the packaged content version. If you have auto-update enabled, this will force an update of that filter list.

11. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

I found a filter to block annotations but not autoplay yet here is the filter to block annotations: ||youtube.com/annotations_
    Also can you answer my post #566 page 23
    Thanks, Malwar

12. gorhill

gorhill Guest

I did.

13. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

My bad that was the wrong post..:thumbd::argh: sorry I meant #572 pg 23
    Thanks, Malwar

14. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I'm using FF36..and ublock 0.8.8.5....Why do I see so many filters "unused" in one or two of the lists...Example;

Fanboy’s Annoyance List‎ (adblockplus.org): 7,247 used out of 19,397   purge cache

15. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

Because they are already covered by other filter list, hence not needed.

16. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Ah, thank you :)

17. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

Your welcome, anytime:):thumb::cool:

18. gorhill

gorhill Guest

I just don't know what to answer. I would not bother with micromanaging all subdomains to `googlevideo.com`, I don't see the point. But as said, it's an opinion, people are free to use it as they see fit.

19. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

Thanks gorhill!!

20. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

What exactly does the "Domains Connected" number mean?

21. cooperb21

cooperb21 Registered Member

Can you guys help me! It seem im having issues with easy privacy....

This happens on alot of sites i noticed in last few months seems easy privacy is way to aggressive breaking quite a few sites.

What happens is you cant click an article or link you need to right click and open as new tab if you use easy privacy.

It is now breaking links try to click on any article here...

Example: Try it with ublock and easy privacy here
    http://www.gamespot.com/

Right now im thinking its best to use ghostery and disable easy privacy since with ghostery you should be able to enable things easy privacy is doing to render links broken more control.

22. bberkey1

bberkey1 Registered Member

No problems here. I use the matrix/block combo with easy privacy ticked in Ublock and as soon as I temporarily allow the proper plugins, scripts and frames (don't go to this site normally, so I don't have a rule saved) the site opened up for me like normal as per the PlayStation 4 article, without having to open in new tab.

Are you on chrome of FF? Obviously I'm chrome with Umatrix, so I'm not sure if it's a FF issue or not.

Attached Files:

• pic.png
      pic.png
      File size:
      357.4 KB
      Views:
  23. cooperb21

Yes seems to work fine now. All you need to do is use ghostery and i block all trackers besides widgets which break most sites.

24. cooperb21

Its just not working for me no idea why it is easy privacy because if i remove that filter its fine.

I tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling and im using all default ublock settings nothing change and go to that website same thing.

If i dont use easy privacy it works fine... Ghostery wont break anything as long as i have the widgets unchecked. So i guess i might have to use ghostery for privacy and ublock for ads now.

edit: I also fried firefox same thing.

edit 2: I also tried all other adblocks same thing all fine with easy privacy off.

25. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I am new to ublock.
    I just tried it on Chrome & seems lighter & better than Adblock Plus.
    ublock for Internet Explorer?
    Is ublock a stable or beta version?
    Is it free?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.