UAC standard account Qs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

I have just created a standard user account. Not much info from MS in the help screen.

Is the software that I have installed on my admin account going to be available on that account or can I restrict it to just some?

Also, will the software be updated in the standard account whenever I update it in the admin account? I do not want to have to update it twice if that is how it works.

What about browsers. Are the settings from the admin account going to be the same or do I have to do these again. Also extensions, do they get picked up? If not, is there a way to do this?

I have set the security to the top. I will be using the std account for banking, online purchases and online tax submission only. That means I will need one browser and a PDF app.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Generally yes, unless you use something like Parental Controls. Some of those software need an UAC prompt (requires admin password).

Yes it will, the software is installed in the system. The only difference between accounts is the settings.

The browser will have difference settings and extensions. If you want them to be the same, check out these links:
    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=185277
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile/sync/

I recommend Chrome with ScriptSafe, BitDefender TrafficLight, and WOT for its security. It has PDF built-in.

4. guest

guest Guest

This is really good information. Tnx to both posters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.