UAC question.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hugger, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

There has to be an easy way to do this. Not even MS could screw this up.
    I've got W7 Pro.
    My Gigabyte motherboard and my UPS need permanent permission to do their thing.
    If I have a power outage, as an example, and I'm not home, if the UAC pops up asking for permission to let my UPS change the system, then my pc is going to die a horrible death at the hands of UAC.
    There has to be a way of granting permissions to individual programs so that UAC does not block the program and without me having to set a more lenient level of security with the UAC slider.
    I tried going into Windows explorer and right clicking on one of the programs so that I could change the programs status through the compatibility mode but compatibility mode doesn't show up that way.
    Remember, I'm a permanent novice that can occasionally follow directions.
    Thanks for any help.
    Hugger

2. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Are you using 3rd party software for the UPS?

3. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Yes and I have found that I can do this by going into compatibility mode from the search function.
    I tried to install Norton UAC control but it apparently is not available for W7.
    What can be used instead of Windows UAC?
    Thanks.

4. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I am not sure if I follow your first sentence. I was asking if your UPS driver is 3rd party, or is it windows UPS driver installed for the device?
    If you have a 3rd party driver for your UPS, then try uninstalling that and letting windows install it's own driver for the battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.