UAC notification

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I'm new to W7, only just over a week.

I get UAC notifications when installing new software which seems to be normal. I just installed Paragon's Backup & Recovery Free Advanced. I got a UAC notice when I tried to open it the first time. I didn't open it for this reason. Is this normal for this app? I've never seen this before after any install!

BTW: After the reboot at install, I couldn't open anything including the Start Menu and was forced to just power down.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Paragon programs require administrative rights to get access to hard drives.
    UAC notifications will always appear on attempt to execute the program.

I would recommend you to disable UAC or always click 'YES' to run Paragon program.

3. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Thanks! As this was the first time I've seen this, I hesitated to open the app.

I might add that after the reboot at install, I couldn't open any app or open the Start menu and was forced to just power down. So when the UAC alert showed, I stopped right there.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

UAC warning should appear during the install. If you select Yes, the installation will be completed correctly. Otherwize, UAC may prevent some components installation.

I would recommend you to:
    1. Uninstall Backup & Recovery
    2. Reboot
    3. disable UAC and antivirus
    4. Install Backup & Recovery
    5. reboot.
    Then you can enable UAC again.

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have been unable to install the last two versions of B&R 10 in Windows 7 x64. At the end of the installation, the process freezes, I get no UAC prompt. The installation window cannot be closed, the USB ports become disabled, Windows cannot be shut down normally. Only thing to do is to power down the computer.

Upon reboot, B&R appears to be installed, but if I try to uninstall it the same happens (the uninstall process freezes at the end). Upon hard reset and reboot, the program is still there, but the entry to uninstall it in Control Panel has disappeared.

The only real time antimalware program installed is MSE. Returnil is also installed.

I have “solved” this serious problem by restoring a backup image of the system partition. I normally use B&R from the WinPE boot disc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.