Two questions on Paragon imaging (HD Manager 2010 Pro)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by napoleon1815, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Hey all,

Two quick questions...I am using HD Manager 2010 Professional

1. I prefer to do offline (boot from CD) images using the WinPE disc for my system. Is there any disadvantage to doing it this way as opposed to live? I only ask as I use to use Storagecraft and while you could take offline CD images, you had some limited restore functions as a result compared to when you did a live image where all the restore options were availabe. It appears that using Paragon an offline image has no limitations and is the same as doing it live.

2. Checking the "control image integrity" box when setting up a backup will verify the archive correct? I know you can verify an image separately, but wanted to make sure checking this box will do this as part of the backup job.

Thanks!

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

You cannot mount images from the WinPE disk. This used to be a more general restriction, applicable to all 64x versions. I don’t know if this has changed recently.

If you use the "control image integrity" option, the time to create the image increases. I don´t know what the effects in image “quality” are. I always verify an image after it is created, whether or not I have used this option. The integrity check has never failed for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.