Two questions: acronis true image 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by babybox, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babybox

babybox Registered Member

Hi i'm using acronis true image corporate desktop 8.0 and i have two questions/problems relating the backup from one partition to another. 33GB to one with 25 GB free space. obviously with compression this must be enough.

1. Can i use my pc while it's making an image? I mean use word, internet, musicmatch and so on, or is this causing the image to become not complete.

2.When i use incremental backup it says there is not enough space, i know for sure i didn't use a lot of space in the place of the first partition so how can this be? Also when i use incremental backup it starts a whole new image again so maybe this is causing the problem. I just followed the steps for making a incremental backup. Did i do something wrong there i really tried it three times. A backup of one partition to another is more than an hour.

I'm sort of a newbie with this kind of matter, i used norton ghost 9.0 but it caused me a lot of problems. Now acronis true image is really great but i still don't know how to make incremental backups, without starting a whole new backup again.

I hope you guys can help me with this.

Greetings babybox

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello babybox,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATICW/).

1) You can use your PC to browse the Internet and for all other activities you usually do while the image creation process continues.

2) Please note that you should choose the name of the created full image file on the "Image Archive Creation" screen and then choose "Append changes incrementally to the existing archive" on the "Create Image Mode" screen. The thing is that Acronis True Image automatically creates a full image if there is no full image with the specified file name yet.

Hopefully informed you well.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. babybox

babybox Registered Member

While making an incremental backup it says there isn't enough space on de backing up drive (that's strange)

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/7817/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

cause i have removed about 5 gigabytes of space-occupying material at the original drive. So that's 5 less gigabytes to image voor acronis, i even used the compact making-feature. I have 500 mb's of free space at the place of the original image, so i truly don't understand this at al.

I hope you can help me out cause i'm very frustrated at this.

ps. how can i see if i'm making a new image or a incremental image. I made the good steps you wrote down. But even that it says at first time that the image making of the incremental backup will last 30 minutes!!! is that normal, or am i just a bit frustrated.

I truly hope you can help me soon

Greetings babybox

4. x2zero

x2zero Registered Member

I'm getting the same problem for just creating an image -

I have a drive (total of 55 gb) I am backing up to one with 52gb free, Acronis says that with the selected compression (of normal) that I'll only need 33gb and yet with 5minutes to go (after 1.5 hours of running) it says that there is not enough space!

Despite removing about a further 1gb of stuff from the drive being backed up I still get this.

One thing I have noticed is that whatever compression level I choose, the summary screen always reports it as 1 setting less (i.e. if you pick HIGH compression in the job summary it shows as being NORMAL, if you pick NORMAL it shows as being NONE)

This is very frustrating, and I'm hoping that this is a known bug, any help would be much appreciated, as the software itself is much nicer to use than norton ghost

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi

Sounds as if you need to update your copy of TI 8 as this was a known problem in ealier builds. What build are you using?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.