Two problems with NOD32 and Outpost Firewall.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rabarber, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabarber

Rabarber Registered Member

I just got my self NOD32 antivirus and Outpost Firewall two days ago. I istalled NOD32 but cant update because havent got any password and username by mail yet. More then 36h have passed. And when I installed Outpost Firewall, NOD says it contains virus:

2005-08-26 18:04:12 AMON file C:\Program\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\opst_ui.dll probably unknown CRYPT.WIN32 virus renamed to C:\Program\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\opst_ui.Vdll
    2005-08-26 18:02:47 AMON file C:\Program\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\opst_ui.dll probably unknown CRYPT.WIN32 virus
    2005-08-26 18:00:01 AMON file C:\Program\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\opst_ui.dll probably unknown CRYPT.WIN32 virus NT

So the firewall dont work. I tried to contact my support on support@eurosecure.se but no respons.

Have tried to uninstall and install in diffrent orders but with no luck.
    Im using windows XP. And have uninstalled the former antivirusprogram and firewalls. Both NOD and Outpost are purchased on CD-ROM. Dont know what to do. HELP! :oops:

2. Get

Get Guest

It's a false positive and will go away when you update NOD32. For the time being you could or use a free firewall (recommended) or could install only NOD32 and go to Control Centre->AMON->Setup->Exclusions and put opst_ui.dll on the exclusionlist temporarily and then install Outpost (not recommended).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, make sure you are using the most current virus definitions 1.1203. Should the false positive still be reported, please send those files to support@eset.com with a link to this thread.

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I don`t think he can update Marcos.

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

when he gets his username/password he will be able to update. If you don't get your key promptly, contact your reseller and see if they can email you either your key, or an NFR temporary key.

6. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi Rabarber
    When you get your "username" / "password" and do the update, make sure you "exclude" the Agnitum folder in AMON. Do not let AMON check the firewall folder or sub-folder.
    I am using that combination (Nod32 w Outpost Pro) and it functions perfectly.
    The suggestions given to you above are valid, so if you have any other problems after the update, come back and someone here will be happy to assist you.
    Cheers :)

7. Carver

Carver Guest

I also use that combination also, they complement each other well.

8. Leitchy

Leitchy Registered Member

Pity Outpost won't install on my system. :oops:

9. Get

Get Guest

Why not?

10. Rabarber

Rabarber Registered Member

I got my password and username today, updated NOD32 and reinstalld Outpost. Works just fine now. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.