Two places to set append tag for email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rjprice, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjprice

rjprice Registered Member

This may be a long-established behaviour, but I've only noticed it with the release of version 2.50.xx because I use Outlook, which was not previously integrated with EMON. Within the Setup for EMON, under Notifications I set both of the "Append..." options to "To infected mail only". I then noticed that I was still getting the tag "This message was checked by NOD32..." appended to all incoming mail. The answer turns out to be that you have to make the same choice in IMON Setup, on the POP3 tab, before it will work. That's where I always used to set it, but I kind of assumed that the setting in EMON would be sufficient. Is there a reason why the corresponding setting in IMON is not linked to the one in EMON?

Richard

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

That is because IMON will scan any POP3 e-mail (Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc.), and EMON will scan any e-mail that comes into Outlook (POP3, IMAP4, Microsoft Exchange, Gmail). It just so happens that "Outlook with POP3 mail" is the only combination that will use both IMON and EMON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.