Two OS runs not perfectly

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Wrasse, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Christoph,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

First of all please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I recommend you only to de-activate BootMagic and you should not uninstall Partition Magic. During installation of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0, you can specify if you want to install Acronis OS Selector. After Acronis OS Selector is installed, all operating systems that exist on the given PC will be automatically located and added to the boot menu.

You can download Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 trial version In order to see how it will work on your computer.

If you decide to keep Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 after the trial period, it can be purchased via Acronis Online Store.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "will my TI 9 copy preserve and reinstall whole HDD with MBR and Windows XP-Installations"? Please note that we have version 8.0 of Acronis True Image (we don't release Acronis True Image 9.0 yet). Acronis True Image allows you to create an image from the sectors that contain data, creating an exact duplicate image of the hard disk. Because the product creates a backup in this way, it can backup everything on the drive, including both user accessible data as well as open Windows files - system files, the master boot record (MBR), partition tables and any partition-based boot records - that traditional file based backup methods overlook.

Hopefully answered all your questions well. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

2. chasingmytail

chasingmytail Registered Member

Well, someone else trying to make it do what it says on the tin, pointers certainly, will it work? I spent a frustrating time trying to install multiple copies of Windows 2K on one hard disk, starting from a virgin system each time. OSS seemed to work, but when I started to install operating systems on the second hard disk, sometimes the first lot just vanished, sometimes I wound up with a second set of OS selection icons; which could be made to refer to the originals, the originals referred to nothing at all! Re booting gave me a nice selection of icons referring to operating systems which I had to try and sort out. I seemed to have things worked out, then I added Norton utils+AV, and the walls fell in, Norton could see everything everywhere and wouldn't function properly, updates, scans etc. My aim was to build a truely versatile operating/testing platform on one computer and yes the partitioning was done properly and no i didn't use third party software and yes i went through the manual till I had it memorised, so maybe, just maybe I'll try this out. Now query, if I start off with a virgin system, install DD, make a recovery cd, and install OSS from that, when i do a second OS in a second partition on the first HD when do i install OSS in this one, I'm asking, just to save time, I would love it if this software did what I thought it was designed to do, but.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.