Two new processes running after installing Process Guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by stalker, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stalker

stalker Registered Member

Is this common ??

The processes are: nvsvc32.exe and spoolsv.exe

Few more details for: nvsvc32.exe

ImageName: nvsvc32.exe
    Located: D:\WINDOWS\System32
    Desctoption: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 29.40

Few more details for: spoolsv.exe

ImageName: spoolsv.exe
    Located: D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    Desctoption: Spooler SubSystem App

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, then the NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc32.exe) is common. I have read that it is not necessary, but I let it run and it causes no problems. The Print Spooler service (spoolsv.exe) is common and necessary if you use a printer. I don't use a printer, so I set it to manual startup.

Nick

3. stalker

stalker Registered Member

Yeah, I also disabled all useless NT-system services every time soon after installing new/fresh OS. Services like Alerter, Messenger, ClipBook, Indexing Service, Distributed Link Tracking Client, Remote Registry Service, IPSEC Services, etc., all simply disabled by services.msc (btw., they are few very useful sites providing that info ...)

But the thing is, those mentioned above were NOT running at all, before I installed Process Guard, meaning both processes appeared in my process viewer right after installing it (installing Process Guard).
    OK, I always leave an option that the thing, I think is the reason for something, actually isn't, but here I am alsmoust 100% sure (that they start running after that)

Thanks for reply !!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

PG cant possible be causing them to appear, you must have installed your video drivers at the same time, the other process is the print spooler so I'm guessing you also installed a printer driver..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.