Two Issues w/ SSM ??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by screamer, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

First off, I just switched to ver.2.2.0.559: I noticed that almost all the apps listed under rules had all their "parent" apps checked off. see img.

Second: how can I grant permission to "automated tasks" if they're scheduled to run while I'm asleep, if I'm not in learning mode? eg. AV scan, FRISR copy / update, back ups...?

...screamer

Attached Files:

2. herbalist

herbalist Guest

Regarding the 2nd question, both the scheduled task and the scheduler executables have to be permitted processes, whether it's Windows own scheduling agent (mstask.exe on a 98 unit) or a 3rd party scheduler. The scheduler executable also needs to be an allowed parent of the scheduled item (child process).
    Rick

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Thanks Rick, I knew you'd have a solution. I've been changing the time in "sched tasks" running the app and changing time back to "actual run time".

Question 1 was answered on SSM forum, Highlight Group, right click Advanced properties, click (?)

I think I've got it. For a while anyhow...

Thanks again.

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.