Two IE.exe's

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by asdf, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asdf

asdf Registered Member

Hi ,
    My Zonealarm some times shows two internet explorers running.Even Portexplorer picks this up.See picture.
    Does this happen to anyone else??

Attached Files:

• 2ies.jpg
      2ies.jpg
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello journey
    welcome here!
    I have many instances rather often, one for each window opened, and there can be extra sockets when something is downloading, links from a page, images, advertisements, browser enhancements like searchbars, etc. they disappear easily after a while in most cases rather quick. What you showed are the normal local/remote on the same port, and a few extra.
    You will notice there aer always TCP and UDP sockets with the same number, in most cases the other just called netstat or system without the specific icon and those disappear with the other one once it closes.

3. asdf

asdf Registered Member

Hi Jooske,
    Thank's for your quick and detailed response.I now know that all the temp connections Port explorer shows are ok.
    These simple things are new for the newbie.
    Eventually with time i'll learn what is what with security.
    These programs are a help to learn about connection,sockets and so on.
    Cheers,
    journey.[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Each day we see new things and because of using our tools like PE we also see more by the day and have reason to ask ourselves questions about things which were formerly hidden from sight!

Btw for the [glow=blue,5,300]glow[/glow] first press the "glow" button and write your text between the ] and [
    Press "quote" to see how i did this here

[glow=red,10,300] :cool: [/glow]​

(see this as our hot summer sun!)

5. asdf

asdf Registered Member

[glow=blue,5,300]OK ,This is a try using your html ;)[/glow]
    [glow=blue,5,300]While i am here.When i upgrade to a new computer next year will i have to purchase Tds3,Wormguard and Port explorer again? glow[/glow]
    Cheers
    journey :D

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

No once you buy Port Explorer, WormGuard or TDS you have that version you bought for life and depending on what you bought, future upgrades to. :)

-Jason-

7. asdf

asdf Registered Member

[glow=yellow,2,300]Excellent ,every computer i own will have nod,Z/A,Tds,Wormguard and Port explorer for security.[/glow]

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Excellent idea, and don't forget to add the whole arsenal on from the free tools as well, like the autoStartViewer and the Console tools, and several more goodies for registered members only!
    Make sure once registered you also register for the Private TDS registered operators only forum for deeper instructions and some very special goodies!

9. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Just remember.. according to the specific licenses you buy you can only use Port Explorer/WormGuard/TDS-3 legally on how many licenses you bought. So if you bought a 2 user license for Port Explorer you can legally have it on two computers etc. Most people only buy a one user license (the cheapest) so they are only entitled to use it on one machine at a time.

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.