Two identical computers...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Richard Carver, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Carver

Richard Carver Registered Member

I really did use search but couldn't find my exact situation. I have two computers (Dell 700m) that are identical and I want to clone the drive on one to a new 100gb drive and then pop the old 80gb in the other 700m and use it as it's new HD.

I plan to use an external enclosure holding the new 100gb and clone the 80gb to it. I will then remove the 80, replace it with the 100 and put the 80 in the other computer and hopefully live happily ever after.

My question I haven't been able to find an answer for; will both drives be active after the clone?

2. I see several questions have been answered by support staff since I posted this one which leads me to wonder if I haven't made some sort of mistake in my query. If so, I apologize for whatever faux pas I may have commited in asking it.

If you don't know the answer, could you direct me to someplace on the internet where I might get a response? Does Acronis have another support forum where I might post my question?

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Richard Carver

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

Only here at Wilders Security Forums.

Slow down some.

I do not see any problem if they are identical, other then maybe one of Licensing.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. SexIsGood4U

SexIsGood4U Registered Member

Try Ghosting :D

That usually sets off the "licensing" issue.

Technically thats not illegal. I'm sure you bought your Dell retail, and it should have come with a licensing code ..... ;)

OR

You should have no problem, if its a replacement. Cos technically you still own one PC with that license code. You are not selling your old PC so you do not have to pass on the windows OEM.

Kindest Regards
    :D

5. Well, it works perfectly. Incredible program, I'm typing this on the new drive. Both drives boot with no problems at all! This saved me at least two days of mindless updating, downloading and installing.

I'm really stunned, the whole procedure took less that 45 minutes. Thanks Acronis! I will speak highly of you far and wide. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.