Two for one - NetCaptor?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Pilli, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi, I was wondering if any users here have experience of NetCaptor (uses the IE engine) http://www.netcaptor.com/
    - I like a tabbed browser & find the latest Opera is getting to bloaty with poor addins i.e. email & news clients + an over zealous java script error handler.
    Net captor also appears to have a reasonable pop up blocker - Again I am off of Spyblocker as they want more money for version 7. When I purchased SB (V5) they promised free update for life, obviously a very limited one.

Two rants over :D

Thanks for any advice. Pilli

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Well, I downloaded the trial and really like NetCaptor http://www.netcaptor.com/index.php?a=1000&d=2.
    Being able to tab IE is really useful. There are many options, pop-up blocklists, translation & search links. Also many of the functions for IE are made readily available such as Security & Privacy.

Captor groups is a way of grouping your regular visited sites so that when you start NetCaptor they are all opened. One can modify existing groups and create new ones.
    I have created a group for forums so that when I start browsing all the forums are loaded and avaiable from tabs. Another useful touch is the ability to set timed refreshs

I have now purchased a licence for NetCaptor, so bye bye Opera, you were nice but you are now old and bloaty

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OK, that got my attention. :D

Did you compare resource usage, Pilli?

Regards,

Pieter

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Pieter, I was surprised by this :D Both Opera & NetCaptor with 3 tabs loaded BBC, DCS & Wilders.

I forgot to add I am using WebWasher V3.3 (free for personal use)
    http://www.webwasher.com/client/home/index.html?lang=de_EN rather than SpyBlocker.

Attached Files:

• TM.gif
      TM.gif
      File size:
      54 KB
      Views:
  5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Thanks Pilli,

Certainly worth considering. Does that mean I can have tabs and go hunting for spyware in the same browser?
    And all that faster. :-*

Regards,

Pieter

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes, I appears to be so, though I have noticed WallWasher has slowed down the browsing using a proxy localhost 8080. I'll give the Proxomitron a try too.

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Pieter, This is interesting WebWasher causes a slowdown whereas Proxo does not, WebWasher (3.3) uses or used to use the Proxo engine I believe but the latest update of WW has a new pop up blocker - I wonder if this is causing the problem?
    Both were / are using localhost 8080. :doubt:

8. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

If you like a tabbed IE version, Crazy Browser has this as well also with a pop-up blocker and free.
    http://www.crazybrowser.com/
    only TDS doesn't like it...

9. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Mozilla Firebird (browser only) would be another free option with tabs and popup blocking.

Regards,

CrazyM

10. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Interesting

Opera bloaty ? euhh ;) not on my end
    Opera is still the browser that can flex even more the any other at the moment and aside from that, never had any Java error with it ;)

Opera is currently running at 6100k ;)

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi FluxGFX, I will still use Opera occasionally as I have paid for it but overall I prefer IE because most sites use it & although Active X can be dangerous but it does have many benefits, Windows update for one. Your mileage with regards resource usage is interesting but as you can see by my earlier posts NetCaptor works better for me.

CrazyM, Of the Pheonix (firebird) type browsers I prefer Beonex. ;)

Dolf, I am wary of free browser addins as they are renowned for spyware & ads etc. And if TDS does not like it my PC will stay Crazy browser free :D

12. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Crazy Browser is not an IE plugin it uses only IE settings. And about that TDS thing you can read the answer from Gavin in the TDS private forums.
    But I really like Crazy Browswer.
    Dolf

13. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification Dolf, Neither is NetCaptor, it just uses the I.E. engine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.