two critical questions about sandboxie...

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by guest, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

well, i asked both questions at various times, under various topics, but none got answered so far. so here i'm asking again, this time hoping to get an answer, at least for one of them.

1. is it possible to prevent sbie from making clipboard content (which is created in sbie) available out of sandbox, sbie itself? when you copy sumthin to clipboard inside sbie, it gets available even after sbie is closed, making sbie session (at this point) somewhat meaningless, useless.

2. how do you prevent sbie from creating files in the sandbox which have names longer than max char. allowed by os file system? this happens especially when browsing the net thru a proxy site w/ a sandbox, and when subdirectories on a website are clicked.
    thanks in adv.
    cheers

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

1. I hope that's not going to be permanent, because it's certainly not something I'd want.

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Being able to copy something from inside a sandbox to outside of the sandbox is pretty important, isn't it?

4. exus69

exus69 Registered Member

guest, it would be best if you can ask this question on Sandboxie forum coz its author, Tzuk, personally answers each queries and doubts quickly(in a day or 2).

I've asked many questions there and he has never disappointed me :)

Hope that helps.

5. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I for one hope he doesn't change a thing. It only helps in usability.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Indeed, or make it optional. I would never want to sacrifice that much usability for a tiny bit of privacy.

7. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I agree.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.