Two blue screens today with 2010

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Plasma, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plasma

Plasma Registered Member

Hi Mike,
    sorry to bring more bad news but today i rebooted with returnil 2010 active and as my XP machine logged off i got a BSOD, it was full of text but flashed by so fast i couldnt read it. Anyway i gave 2010 another chance and tried it again after downloading a few torrents and rebooted and it happened again.
    I am using Norton Internet Security 2010 as well and had the disk wipe function enabled.
    Unfortunatley i restored my machine using true image after the 2nd crash and have now gone back once more to the 2008 version.
    I did read something about turning off disk wipe feature but i thought this had been resolved.
    I was using the Returnil Virtual System 2010 v3.0.6517.4958-REL but i think its Returnil Virtual System 2010 v3.0.6317.4958-REL

2. fosl

fosl Registered Member

I wonder if Norton Internet Security 2010 optimize funtion may be to blame. There is an option to turn off Idle time optimization. I think Norton uses the windows defragger to accomplish its optimization.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Plasma,
    Try changing your settings in XP so the BSOD will not cause an automatic restart of the system:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

If you can, try another install as before and get the exact text of the stop error and then try it again with NIS optimization turned off.

fosl said:
    The defragmentation would be stopped by the current version of RVS. The test above however should help shed light on what is causing this to happen.

Mike

4. Plasma

Plasma Registered Member

Idle time option was off, i never use it. I use Perfect disk. :)

Havent the time to reinstall at the moment. 2008 works flawlessly. I wish there was a new version just the same. :(

5. asembler

asembler Registered Member

+1
    2008 worked perfectly!

6. Plasma

Plasma Registered Member

Hi Mike,
    it did it with version 2008 today as well , ( also had wipe enabled) the error looks the same to me and i captured it for you. Hope you can shed some light on this one.

http://img20.yfrog.com/img20/4984/errorio.jpg

7. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Plasma,
    Before you try what I asked for in the PM I sent, please try the current release of 2010 again and submit the rvs3.log to the usual support address. There is additional logging capability in RVS 6517-REL that the team wants to review for this issue report.

Thanks
    Mike

8. Plasma

Plasma Registered Member

i will when i have time Mike. its hectic at present !! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.