Two antiviruses (Generic / traditional ) ??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SPEEDY6128, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPEEDY6128

SPEEDY6128 Registered Member

hi there,

I know its well stated that running two antiviruses as resident is not recommended. but what about running a Generic antivirus where it doesnt relie upon sigs/scanning. e.g Safeconnect, Principle Antivirus etc. The reason I ask is that I've been looking at what PCmag had to say about Safeconnect and have also notocied a few other generic antirus/malware apps for me to try out. But just wanted reasurance in that if i finally choose to have one, would it complement my existing traditional antivirus.

Many thanks

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i wouldnt call it a "generic antivirus", theyre more of a HIPS or behavior blocker. being a different software u can use them alongside ur antivirus.

3. SPEEDY6128

cheers WSFuser's , i suppose that clears that question then :) :) :) :) :) :)

4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I am curretnly Beta testing SanaSecurity SafeConnect, and can say it flags many, many files as false positives, but they are easy to allow IF you know what you are doing, i.e. is it an actual safe file etc. etc.

It is also bit of a memory hog:

Code:
    [U]Process[/U]               [U]Usage Physical / Virtual[/U]
    SanaAgent.exe              24,364K / 17,700K
    SanaMonitor.exe            1,136K  / 376K
    SanaSafeConnect.exe        18,732K / 7,620K
    This is while idle also.

5. SPEEDY6128

I've noticed that as well likuidkewl while trying it out, think i might ditch it. Two many processes for me for one app. It even popped up saying that one of its own processes was seen as untrusted.

6. SPEEDY6128

I do like there Attack Sheild though that they offer for free. Runs in the background with no fuss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.