Twister Antivirus 8.17 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Twister Antivirus updated to 8.17 today, the following are main improvements:

Solved all of confirmed driver bugs.
    Solved sometime the service does not auto start issue.
    Solved sometime Windows Security Center does not get state issue.
    Solved occasional missing files issue while clean threats.
    Solved one bug while repair file.
    Solved sometime cannot auto upgrade issue.
    Fixed sometime the service auto stop issue.
    Removed "All objects" option in custom scan, prevents unintended quarantine scan.
    Adjusted objects from limits to unlimited in custom scan.
    Adjusted the service startup mode and configuration, improves efficiency.
    Adjusted the display of real-time scan, long file name is automatically abbreviated to ensure that no cross-border.
    Adjusted news cache to solve sometime the same message repeatedly prompted.
    Solved the "Smart Security (Lite)" skin, tool's icon shows dislocation problem.*
    Added license key can be renewed.
    Added shows more information for easy confirms computer while deactivating.
    Integrated the latest virus database, fixed all of confirmed false positives.
    To obtain the latest improvements please re-download the installation package, or online update.
    * Means that only re-download and install software before your get it.

source; http://www.filseclab.com/en-us/news/13071016.htm
    download; http://www.filseclab.com/en-us/downloads.htm

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

No cpu usage fix? :-(

3. guest

guest Guest

just try. they said "the following are main improvements" maybe they fix it but not documented

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Still sucks a ton of CPU. I guess I'll give up on this until v9, when/if that ever sees the light of day.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  6. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I was a 7.0 user. I gave up.

Company was only good when they had no money to work with as they had to keep it simple. Now they have more money they complicate and thus ruin their product.

7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

The thing is, it's not all the extras that drain the cpu. It is the core AV module that is doing it. Turn off AV, and it uses next to nothing.

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Been trying latest twister last 2 days with comodo firewall,and finding it very light on cpu (using process lasso and killswitch to check cpu usage).Also finding evanet cloud seems better and doesnt appear as of yet to upload duplicated files looking at cloud history.Initial scans are slow but caching makes subsequent scans faster.Throwing some malcode stuff at it ,it fares very well.False positives seem to be an issue looking at vba award stuff,but if your fine with that then it seems very nice av to me ,and so far works with comodo firewall ok.

9. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive found that twister has caused 3 BSODs and protection shutdowns when running with comodo firewall ,and comodo is running with stuff virtualised.I wanted these two to work together but alas they havent.The more im using twister the more i like it ,so comodo firewall is now gone ,and outpost has taken its place.So far no errors,or bsods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.