Twister-AntiTrojenVirus Thread.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Taliscicero, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

bellgamin, it is right that Kingsoft/Jiangmin can be found as well, but a lot of people in china do not rely on its protection. So it is not often sold, and even if it is, then it is lying somewhere in the corner. Rising is THE AV in china and no OTHER antivirus can be compared to it. So basically if you want to ask for an antivirus, you either get KAV, Rising or Norton.

I would also like to remind you that a lot of people do appreciate information from me. I may not have as much knowledge as you, but I'm doing the best way I can.

But I do agree with you that Filseclab is a well established company, but it is still a fact that it has little or no influence on the market... It's strange but I tell you that I've never heard of this antivirus before until I found a thread about it at Wilders.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Any info is good info :D

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Not if it's the stuff that makes the grass grow tall. ;)

I can list several news articles besides the one given previously. Based on sales volume, all say Rising, Kingsoft, Jiangmin are the 3 sales leaders.

If comparing (a) an anecdotal observation based on "I went to computer markets on weekends" VERSUS (b) news articles based on sales data -- I would be inclined to place greater confidence in the latter.

As to "never having heard" -- I never heard of NOD32 or Avira or F-prot before I joined Wilders, several years ago. What does that prove except that *it's a big world*. :D

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Would Kingsoft and Jiangmin be of any use outside China?

5. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

I think sometimes it is interesting to hear some PERSONAL experiences as well. I don't understand why you are trying to make people think that I'm writing nonsense because I think that YOU are the person who should be more carefully when judging me because you (LIKELY) have NEVER lived in China AND have NEVER visited ANY computer markets THERE at all.

And I want to explain the point I was trying to make in my previous post again, so you can see the difference:
    I agree that Jiangmin etc is playing a role there. And you can find it! But nobody buys it, even if its ''THE LEADER''. People in China always think that european products have better quality that's why they are picking KAV and Norton. Rising however is making so much advertisment, that alot people know it, therefore they buy it. Your news articles are telling you only one half of the truth...

What does it prove when I say ''never heard of it'' ? Well, how about:
    They might have little influence in CHINA?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  6. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

7. Fuzzfas

8. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

Wow thx Fuzzfas!

Twister is awesome :argh:

9. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I don't like to bace my thoughts around tests :D

But they are nice anyway.

10. guest

guest Guest

About Twister;

1. i tested it with my infected virtual machine, it cant be delete many samples. it's removal cabability isnt good. it cant run Safe Mode. This subject is problematic. FDDS cant launch highly infected machine.

2. it is not tested many major test company. How we trust its dedection rate good/bad?

3. it has a too many FP

4. it hasnt good site, good information, forum support. It is ghost company.

i accepted it is interesting software
    but there is too many interesting software.

11. Fuzzfas

Me neither. And between you and me, i couldn't care less about tests, i believe all tests are in some degree biased and unrelated to real life and serve PR for AV companies.

BUT, it's a way to talk about Twister. (which is the main value of av tests for me).

I couldn't care less about AV company, it works in real life on my PC and since i have more layers of defence, i don't plan on installing it on an already heavily infected PC. Ghost or no ghost, it has been around for about 10 years and i still get my daily definitions, so they aren't so ghostly in that.

There are many interesting softwares, but not as many so light and so cheap. Besides, test aparts, i have yet to be infected in REAL life and that's good enough for me. ::D When and IF i get infected, i may start being interesting in tests. In the meantime, there is real life experience that matters to me.

12. guest

guest Guest

Real life? For Who?
    Be smart, Use sandboxie, Firefox.
    Forget all other apps.
    This is my real time.
    i never infected.

But many users are infected.
    23% of PCs with updated antivirus are infected*

The chart shows how many infections we found yesterday, on users' PCs which were protected by security products from the following vendors:

i think company is very important.
    10 years - 20 years. this is not important.
    important things; vision, mission, success, brand, popularity, stability
    only i think.

13. Fuzzfas

Me.

Me neither. :D

I use Opera and various other things. That's why i don't worry about Twister.

For those users, Avira may be the best choice.

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I agree. I do not understand this small cult of Twister devotes. I think a lot of people get sold when they read "life time license". I think most of the free AV software available (Avast, AntiVir, Rising, Drive Sentry, Comodo) is better than twister. If I want to pay I will get a $15 (or free after rebate) copy of Norton.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  15. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

16. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

Nope. Twister definitely has more to offer!

17. Fuzzfas

I will try to explain it to you. Most cars are slower than Ferraris. Most city cars are less safe than Mercedes too. Yet, people buy small city cars, because they are enough for their needs.

WHO cares if Twister is not the best!? There so many additional security applications to complement the antivirus with, that it makes the whole No1 issue pointless. Between a user with Norton and a user with Twister + classical HIPS for example, against unknown malware, who do you think will win? I 'd put my money on the HIPS, not Norton. So why worry about not having Norton?
    Not to mention that in Europe, these 15 $ rebates aren't nowhere to be seen for major AVs.

I like it because it is very LIGHT, cheap and decent enough. And besides, i like dark horses.

So i don't have a Ferrari. Who cares! I won't be infected anyway. So, what's your problem with guys driving a city car! It's not that someone puts a GUN on your head to read Twister's topic!

Gee, i imagine every man on this earth should run the No1 antivirus of AV comparatives or he wouldn't be safe. The rest of AVs should be burnt into fire. :argh:

Did anyone here claim that Twister is the best of the best? But it's GOOD ENOUGH for some. Just like other people run Dr. Web, PC Cillin, ZA AV, Comodo AV etc.

Lifetime is good, but my first criterion for a software that is always running is CPU usage. And Twister beats most of the above in CPU Time and/or i trust it more.

Yes, i know. When i will infect my system and then install Twister, i will get real. :thumb:

In the meantime, i will keep Twister as part of multilayered defence and live on my imaginary unreal world, preventing the malware to get installed in the first place.

P.S.: In the unlikely probability that i will get infected, with the kind of rootkits that are out today, i will certainly NOT try to delete it, but use "First Defence Rescue" as seen in my sig or restore a Macrium Image. So i really couldn't care less if Twister can't install or can't delete etc. See, it's all about people's needs. I DON'T care about deletion. I use RECOVERY software, so all Guest testing is irrelevant for MY needs. If i can't prevent malware, i will use recovery software.

18. bryanjoe

so u don't wear a condom if she is not a h**ker.
    And u think u wont get infected with anyone else.
    haha ...
    :)

19. Fuzzfas

I am sure your example is very relevant to this. :thumb: So, i suppose Twister + SSM for example is like being without condom. While running for example Norton AV alone, like most people do, is wearing condom. :) OK!

20. bryanjoe

hahhaa.... multi-layered protection. :D
    That is safe enough already.

my signatures also.....

21. Fuzzfas

See? I knew a smart guy like you would understand! :thumb:

22. guest

guest Guest

if you like it, you can use it.
    And you can say; i am using twister, i like it and its a good software.

i am talking another things.

You say your personality.
    You say i never infected with twister.
    This is your reality.
    This is not real word.

Yes you are true.
    Twister is a good software.
    But i can say easily, there are many better av software.

You can not compare it with Norton.

you dont care infected system, but many user have infected system
    you can use FDDS functionality, but many user dont like it. Many user dont like popups for every mause click.
    May be FP is a not problem for you,but its problem for me.

i dont debate your decision
    i am talking another perspective

This is good point for the security.

23. Fuzzfas

That's what i say!

It is exactly, MY reality and i live in the real world (alghough after Matrix one can have doubts). I speak for myself, i am not God. I never claimed that Twister is bulletproof. As a matter of fact, i don't think in the real world there is ANY AV that can claim it is bulletproof. Some are more resistent, some less.

Never claimed the opposite.

I didn't, did i? Quite the opposite. Other compated it to Twister.

OF COURSE many users have infected system! I am talking about my experience from using Twister on MY pc! I know many people infected while running Norton too, it's their problem.

I never came to tell YOU that it's not your problem! I simply replied on to why Twister has some fans. So i spoke about ME, not you, not anyone else.

24. bryanjoe

hi bro, need to give you the credit of giving twister a test.
    hope to see you around sharing more....thanks alot.

25. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

That is a Prevx chart. Are you claiming to be a tester working for Prevx? If not, why do you say "we found" if it isn't your chart? Please do not fall back on "poor English." You write English well enough to show that you understand what "we found" means -- it is a claim that the chart was produced by YOU. Was it?

Please stop before you get this thread closed. Read Wilders' policy HERE.

You are NOT a recognized professional antivirus tester. Even so, you try to make readers THINK that you are a pro tester by interjecting your *alleged* personal test data into many threads that discuss antivirus. Then you become argumentative & make personal comments when people disagree. Then the threads get closed.

I wonder if it is your GOAL to cause non-Norton threads to be closed by going off-thread & bringing up personalities?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.