Tweaking Firefox

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by xeda, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeda

xeda Registered Member

When customizing Firefox using about:config, is it possible to disable a new element (for security purposes) that's not already on the list by adding a new entry?

For example, if I wanted to disable a javascript event like onBlur, would it be possible to create a new entry in about:config to disable it?

Thanks.
  2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I know about:config can have entries added. Example, boolean, config:trim_ on_ minimize set to true works very well. I do not know if the particular one you wish to add will work or not.
  3. xeda

xeda Registered Member

I was just using onBlur as an example. :)

about:config doesn't seem to cover too many DOM elements, so I'm wondering if it's possible to add my own.
  4. ThunderZ

Do a Google on the more specific values you want to add. If it can\has been done "the truth is out there". LOL Sorry I can not help more, seems I do recall about:config tweaks for DOM existing.
  5. xeda

xeda Registered Member

Thanks, I agree! There's already a ton of entries in about:config, so I know there's a way to tweak just about anything in Firefox, right? :)

The problem is finding the info. I've already spent hours on Google, but maybe I'm not using the right keywords. :D

I'm curious if there's a specific syntax when adding a new entry?

For example, there's: dom.disable_window_status_change which determines whether or not scripts are allowed to change the status bar text.

I've looked at: http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

...but it doesn't seem to cover everything.
  6. ThunderZ

7. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.