Turn off your antivirus program. IE 7'...?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mypenry, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mypenry

mypenry Registered Member

I will be thinking of trying IE7 at some time, ......but have just read this ....

Turn off your antivirus program. IE 7's installation program
    -- the installer, not IE 7 itself -- may cause some conflicts
    with your antivirus program during installation. And that's
    usually a bad thing.

To turn off NOD32 is it just a matter of right clicking the
    icon in the task bar, to bring up the NOD32 control panel, then click ...
    Quit ...? advice most welcome ....

Thanks ..... Mypenry

2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Do NOT turn off your NOD32 while installing IE7 ! It's completely useless, and also weakens your security noticeably.

I myslef installed IE7 to be able to test my own website on it, and I didn't turn it of during the installation process, that encountered no problem. So my advice would be : Ignore the warning and install IE without disabling your AV (provided it's nod, maybe other AV's have a FP on its installation package)

3. mypenry

Thanks....IcePanther

Well I will now leave NOD32 switched on, when downloading IE7 - so thanks for the tip..
    Mypenry

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    That only unloads the GUI. To shut down modules, double click the icon in your systran..which opens up the NOD32 Control Center. From there..you can unload AMON and IMON (real time protection and internet scanning).

However...that's a rather common warning from many software install programs...some installers have been doing that for many years. They have to cover themselves assumimg some people out there are running some sloppy bloated antivirus programs which may cause problems.

I have installed IE7 leaving NOD32 fully enabled. To be honest...in my years of IT....I've yet to run into an install problem where leaving the AV enabled during the install caused a problem.

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

There's another thread just like this one (well almost) here :)

6. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Same

Let us know how it goes mypenry.

Cheers :)

7. mypenry

Again Thanks Guy's for the info, YeOldeStonecat your comment ...

( have installed IE7 leaving NOD32 fully enabled. To be honest...in my years of IT....I've yet to run into an install problem where leaving the AV enabled during the install caused a problem.) is the way I will go....

Willtech ....whats your view's on this subject .... leave switched on -or off..?

Thanks again........... Mypenry

8. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I have only once ever ever so far come across anything that did not successfully install with NOD32 running (except for things that triggered detection) and that was a recent Office update that then went on perfectly with NOD32 still enabled when I retried it.
    Even doing things like installing XP service pack 1 and SP2 I just left NOD32 running and have not ever so far had it cause even a hiccup on hundreds of PC's. Between those two service packs, something like 75%+ of the original OS gets replaced.

Own your own decision of course, but I just leave NOD32 running for everything.

HTH

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.