TuneUp Utilities 2013 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Narxis, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I agree with this and dont use the enhancer.

2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I tried many tuneup utilities (Glary, Eusing, Wise, CCleaner, Auslogic, IObit toolbox, Comodo's Sysutils, what-else-don't-remember) and really found no noticeable effect in improving performance.

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

indeed!

4. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

There's a sucker born everyday.

5. Solarlynx

Indeed! Now in tuneups, avs later it will come to OSes. :)

6. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Never had a problem with CCenhancer... CCleaner starts in 1 second and the cleaning takes 2 seconds.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  7. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

No. Tested with benchmarking programs. Also i feel quicker program starts and quicker booting.

8. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

50$ is nothing. I spend way more on hardware and games. Also testing tweaking and cleaning programs is kind of a hobby to me. I have a clean image of Windows if anything goes wrong but never ever experienced problems in the past 10 years.

9. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Don't take it too personal.;)

10. poison

poison Registered Member

I used to rate TuneUp Utilities around 2010 but ever since then I have found the software to be a little bloated and maybe even slow down my computer. It's not installed anymore and I can't see 2013 being any better than Tune Up 2011 or 2012 but I may give the trail a try.

11. Aventador

Lol..........Your too much Narxis. Take what personal? I am picking fun of the people who buy products like these. Just like someone who buys a junk used car. Its a figure of speech. "There is a sucker born everyday" is a salesman's motto. As far as spending $50.................Why? Please justify that amount of money on something you can do yourself? Better yet there are free alternatives. Heck You can buy NIS for cheaper then TU and it does more for you. :rolleyes:

Want TuneUp Utilities for FREE. Follow these instructions.

1. Download Glary Utilities Free
    2. Download Wise Care 365 Free
    3. Download CCleaner
    4. Download Auslogics or Puran Defrag
    5. Download Advanced System Cleaner Free
    6. Download Giga Tweaker Free

Between all of these you will find exactly all the same features for free that you can find within TuneUp.

12. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Both of these can cause problems if you use the registry cleaners as they have problems with false positives.

TuneUp utilities is one of the best (if not the best) system utility suites. As to weather it will increase system speed, maybe it will, maybe it won't - but at least TuneUp has a fully functional trial version so you can try all of functions and see if helps boost performance before buying it.

13. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

You can add Ashampoo's WinOptimizer free to the list as well.

14. Solarlynx

Add Eusing!

15. roger_m

Yet another badly written registry cleaner which wants to delete needed registry keys.

16. Solarlynx

Really? Recently I have used it heavily. How you found it harms your comp?

17. Aventador

Lol.............I love roger's comments. If you ever used ANY of these programs you should know that they perform a registry backup. It even tells you to do one. I have never had any issues cleaning out my registry. If I ever did I just put the backup back in.

FYI.............Weather deals with the forecast. Whether is the word you were looking for.

Good choice Raza0007. People...............My point is this. No one in there right mind needs to spend $50 on a program such as TuneUp. Those who do should look over your shoulder. Cause when you do you will see the company laughing at you. We are all geeks here. All of us know how to Google "Tweaking Windows". Why would you spend $60 on Norton when Avast can protect you just as good for FREE? Why buy KIS when CIS is FREE? Come on people wake up. If you need to spend $50 on TuneUp Utilities then you better go back to school and learn how to Google.

18. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

The only system utility I have ever purchased is Ace Utilities. I've never had any issue with its registry cleaner although I use it rarely. But for a discounted price at the time (like $12 or something similar) I have a lifetime license and was informed by AceLogix that I can install on as many computers in my home as I like, just keep using the same key.

For any issue with Windows I normally just go to the MS Fix It site and have been pleasantly surprised with the efficiency and effectiveness of their free solutions.

19. roger_m

It has not harmed my computer since I do not use it! However, while I have not used it for some time, I have tested just about every version released.

If you actually go through and check the scan results, you will likely find find registry keys with valid file references, listed as errors (the same is true for 99% of registry cleaners). Understandably, you should not delete there valid registry entries, as doing so can cause problems.

For the record, cleaning the registry and finding no problems as result of the cleaning, is very bad way of testing the safety of a registry cleaner, for a number of reasons. Deleting some valid registry entries won't cause any obvious harm to your computer e.g. deleting a valid startup entry will just mean that the program won't start when Windows boots, or deleting a valid uninstall entry will mean that the program is no longer listed in Add/Remove programs, but the program will still run (this will only be an issue if you go to uninstall the program, and it's not listed in Add/Remove programs - it was there when the program was uninstalled - but some badly written registry cleaner decided this valid registry key needed to be deleted).
    The best way to do it, is to actually check every file reference found.

Since I have not used Eusing for a long time (for some reason it is not in the list of 100+ programs I check for updates daily anymore), I downloaded and installed the current version. The scan did not do nearly as badly as I thought it would. However I did find a few issues. The check for obsolete software is enabled by default, which is a very bad idea. Several valid Start/RunMRU entries were found (deleting them is harmless, but I would choose to never delete these). Also there were several minor false positives - nothing which would cause any serious damage to the registry or break Windows by deleting them, but nonetheless, registry entries that are valid - not errors.

Also their is the typical bs on their website saying how cleaning the registry will speed up your computer (it won't except in vary rare cases). I see absolutely no good reason to use this software.

20. Aventador

But at least is does it for FREE. :D

FYI.........CCleaner's registry cleaner is very safe and very effective.

21. roger_m

A registry backup is useless if vital registry keys are deleted and Windows won't boot any more after cleaning the registry. This is a very rare scenario mind you, but it does happen. Also, in some cases where serious harm has been done to Windows, restoring the backup will not fix the problem - I know this from experience.

Some problems caused by registry cleaners won't be apparent until a long time after cleaning the registry, at which point the registry backup is way too old to be safely restored. For example a registry cleaner may cause problems with software you rarely use. So, you clean the registry and it breaks the software, but you don't find out till a few months after this when you go to run the software again and it no longer works, or has problems.

To test if a registry cleaner is safe or not, you need to check any file references amongst the errors found and make sure that none of the files being referenced are actually still on your harddrive.

I know but I'm sick at the moment, and couldn't be bothered fixing my mistake.

It's better to spend $50 on safe tuneup software then use unsafe free (or other unsafe paid software). If you take a look at TuneUp software's blog, you will see that they are a trustworthy company, and not trying to rip anyone off. I too am not going to spend $50 on TuneUp, but hopefully you get my point.

22. roger_m

One of the few registry cleaners which doesn't have issues with false positives. However you should uncheck the scan for Obsolete Software.

I just ran a scan and it found a single false positive (TuneUp Utilities 2013 did the same). To be honest, this is the only time I have seen CCleaner give any false positives.

23. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i use Tune up utilities;)
    Its increse performance feature is great..:thumb:

24. Aventador

Ok forum members. Lets all spend $50 on TuneUp Utilities cause according the Roger its the only safe and effective means of cleaning your registry. :rolleyes:

Sorry Roger I do not get your point. If you like TuneUp so much then why wont you buy it? So your saying that Glary,CCleaner,Wise,Giga Tweaker and other various companies are shady? Man this gets funny by the minute. Sorry Roger but there still is no reason or justification to spend $50 on software which other software does for free.

25. roger_m

I never said that. Firstly, cleaning the registry is rarely effective, no matter what program you use to do so. Cleaning the registry won't fix problems or make your computer run faster, except in some very rare cases.

I have no need for it. I'm simply stating that its registry cleaner is safe to use. The same can not be said for some of the other software that has been mentioned.

Once again, I never said or even tried to imply that. What I am saying is that 99% of registry cleaners are unsafe to use. The registry cleaner in TuneUp Utilities is safe to use, however.

If you read my last post again, you would see that I said that the registry cleaner in CCleaner is safe to use (if you uncheck Obsolete Software).

Actually it has some features that other software doesn't have. But as I have already said, just like you I'm not going to buy it. However I have absolutely no problem with people buying it, as the chance they will trash their system by using it is close to zero. In this regard it fares better than almost all utility suites and registry cleaners, both paid and free. I'm not biased, I have just taken the time to test nearly all registry cleaners and actually take a look at the scan results to see if the errors found are actually errors, or not.

EDIT:

And for the record, just to show that I'm not biased. Vit Registry Fix Pro is an excellent registry cleaner, with an unlimited trial. It does very thorough cleaning, and is completely safe to use if you disable the deep scan. It even fixed a problem with Explorer not launching at startup on a friend's laptop running Windows XP. Also, there is a free version if you don't want to pay for the pro version, and don't want to keep using the unregistered pro version.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.