TuneUp Utilities 2011...d u think dir r other more better?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcollake

jcollake Registered Member

I hate to plug my own Process Lasso, but you can't beat the years I've done researching this topic. Their priority adjustment algorithm is a cheap hack of mine, developed and released many, many years ago. Since then the product has improved a lot. In addition to ProBalance (its priority class adjustment algorithm), it has A LOT of process automation features, power scheme, and affinity optimization features. All native code. Straight NT Native API usage. Core engine is isolated from the GUI, so you can run with even fewer resource consumption.

I also have a graphical DEMO application I use to show off the functionality. It is here on my site. I don't want to link because you'll think I'm spamming.

It is FREE, though some advanced (rarely used--really) features are disabled after a certain time and a little nag you click past is shown once on login. The paid version has no restrictions, of course.

One warning is that it is for the tech savvy.

Google Process Lasso for more information.

2. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I also have tried Process Lasso but then uninstalled and removed it on my pc when I noticed that it didn't do anything remarkable and the cpu still goes up to 100%. Although, it looks attractive but still what I want is real performance effect under the hood. Maybe....it conflict w/ my TuneUp Utilities 2011 as it already has some kind of processor cpu manager in it optimizing the system.

By the way, I can install a bootscreen on the past using TuneUp Utilities2011, but now I could not install/change it anymore. Even if I am logging in as an administrator..still I could not change this. I emailed and ask TU staff and here's there reply:

"Before Installation of a new Bootscreen, delete the following:
    C:\Windows\System32\TUKernel.exe

Make sure you are Administrator with administrative rights also. Thank you."

The problem is I could not find the TUKernel.exe in the System32 folder.

What should I do so that I can change and install a new bootscreen? I have already re-installed TU2011 twice but still the same thing happens...I could not change the bootscreen, only pop-ups notice shows up.

3. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

I used TU for some years on XP sp2, but the last version I installed was 2010. Bootscreen changing is an attractive feature but it was also causing many headaches messing with many windows updates.

I don't use TU anymore but I remembered I had to build a special backup dedicated to this very problem and follow a special procedure before each WU. I also documented those exact changes effects due to bootscreen-changing with Total Uninstall program. If you could not do the same, I could try to find all this somewhere in my backstore of old cds...
    But the best solution I found was to not use TU anymore, it was giving me more problems than help.

About Process Lasso, for me I think it helped a bit on my oldy pc (only 512MB RAM) when used in tandem with CleanMem. But it could always be placebo, who knows!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.