Trying (unsuccessfully) to purchase TI 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Faust, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faust

Faust Registered Member

What a nightmare afternoon - I have decided to purchase TI 2009 after completing a two week trial analysis. For me at least this is the best most reliable TI backup product to date - fast backups and equally fast restores and I don't have the Office 2007 bug which some users have reported either. However, do Acronis actually want you to purchase this product? I tried to buy from the US website - entered all my CC details which were processed then clicked download, at which point I received "internal server error". I then spent the next 2 hours with Acronis support Digital River and my CC company to ascertain if payment had been taken as when I entered the order number on the DR website it claims "order not found". My CC company have a record of the payment being made but as yet not claimed. It finally looks as though the order has failed.

I then move to the UK site and start again - this time order goes through to the Cleverbridge payment site where I now get message "processing delayed" manual processing taking place which should take around two hours though may be longer.

What a shambolic setup - how are Acronis still in business if they cannot even process orders. :oops:

2. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I finally got notification from Cleverbridge some 3 hours after ordering TI 2009.
    Now installed and doing backups as I write - at last a good all round version that appears to tick all the right boxes (says he with fingers crossed) :rolleyes:

3. sunrisecc

sunrisecc Registered Member

I am currently in the same mode. No key, no email but a charge. I did a screenprint of the confirmation.

4. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Is that from US site which uses Digital River or UK which is Cleverbridge and is your location US or UK? If US then there really does appear to be an issue. I'm UK but tried to purchase from US site as that is where the email for upgrade and link was from.

5. sunrisecc

Digital River.

I received a confirmation email about 12 hours late. It did not contain any key or serial number. I will be getting that once the server is off maintenance. I used Live Chat for this request.

About 10 minutes ago, I was able to log in to Acronis/DR and obtain my key and then immediately registered with it. I still will wait for the email from Acronis.

6. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Oh what joy, I have finally received an email confirming my purchase some 13 hours after the event. In the meantime I have purchased this product from the UK website so have been billed twice. This despite the fact that I had sent 3 emails to Digital River and Acronis informing them that I didn't want the purchase to proceed due to server errors. Now I will have a load of hassle getting this money refunded. I haven't clicked on any links to download the product and have registered my UK purchase with Acronis.

P.S. are the new serial keys the longest ever produced in the history of computing - mine is 64 characters?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It would seem they've been targeted by licence number generators for old licences, well that's my guess anyway.

Colin

8. sunrisecc

I was able to get to DR's site today and verify my key. So far I have not received any response from my web customer service submissions made yesterday before I used Live Chat. I expect an answer tomorrow (Monday), the first business day after submission.

I also received an invite to do a survey from Acronis re yesterday. I spoke my mind.:(

At least the program itself is running well so far.

9. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I have spoken to my CC Company and had to pen a rather long letter to them outlining the whole sorry mess. Well you can't rely on Acronis or Digital River doing anything can you? Even if they did they would probably get it wrong.

I wonder if they can confirm if you have downloaded the file and key? I hope so as they will then be able to ascertain I haven't touched it.

10. sunrisecc

Since they have a 30-day money back guarantee, they can always issue a refund for the unused license.

I did not attempt a second purchase because of the exchange rate difference between purchase and refund date. I could gain; but I could also lose especially with what is happening in the markets now.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I may recommend you to contact Digital River customer service at acronis@digitalriver.com or here, if you experience any problems with Acronis online store

Should you experience any difficulties in ordering Acronis software through Digital River Online Store, you can place your order through Acronis alternative online store (Element5) here for Home Products and here for Corporate Products.

Also I may recommend you to use our Live Chat service here in order to receive immediate support.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.