Trying to upgrade but....

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ladycldoc, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladycldoc

ladycldoc Registered Member

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure I'm even posting this in the right place, but can anyone help or redirect me? I'm trying to update spywareblaster on my daughter's computer and I keep getting this message:

DeleteFile failed; Code 5
    Access is denied

Not being really savvy with computers I'm not sure what to do next. Thanks ahead of time for any help anyone can give.

ladycldoc

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Error Code 5 means that a SpywareBlaster file is locked, so the upgrade can not proceed. This happens sometimes when a person runs SpywareBlaster and it informs them a new version is available, and that it needs to be downloaded from the website and then installed.

What happens is SpywareBlaster got locked when it tried to get the update and it's still stuck when you try to run the new version's installation file.

Basically, you need to reboot the PC to unlock the file or files that are the problem. When you have rebooted, what you want to do is just execute the new install kit that you just downloaded from the website. You do not want to run SpywareBlaster itself until after you've successfully run the upgrade.

The only important thing to know before you reboot and do this is where you've saved the new kit that you just downloaded since you'll want to run that as soon as you've restarted your PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.