Trying to understand TI9 user accounts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enm_lti, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enm_lti

enm_lti Registered Member

Sorry this post is so long and confusing.

When scheduling a task in TI9 2323, there are 2 places it asks for a user/pswd: (1) an account for accessing remote volume where image will be stored, and (2) account the task will run under on the local computer.

On my computer, which is an XP Pro member of a mixed-mode domain run by W2K DCs, I normally log in as Me (a domain acct), but both places in the TI9 scheduled task I use DomAd (also a domain acct.)

Q1: When I look at the TI9 script file, I see only one user/pswd pair; which one is it (the one for network access or the one for executing the task)?

Q2: I tried changing the user/pswd to Me both places in a scheduled task and comparing the new script file with the old version, and there appeared to be no difference; why would this be so?

Also, we experimented on this same machine with doing images from the cmd line, as described in the 16Nov05 post by MKairys. When logged in as Me, the job failed because a required privilege was lacking. When logged in
    as DomAd, the job worked, even though I believe Me and DomAd are members of the same groups. BUT, what really surprised me was that when I logged back in as Me and tried to check the image just created, it was not included in the TI9 list of images in that directory, even though a Windows dir listing showed it there. When I manually triggered the scheduled task from within TI9 while logged in as Me, then the file was included in the list (and the scheduled task uses acct DomAd, same as was used from the cmd line.)

Q3: Is there any document from Acronis that specifies exactly what privileges are required on which machines in order to create images in various ways?

Q4: Is it normal that the image file would not be listed in TI9, as described above?

Q5: Does any of this bring to mind any other comments/ideas from anyone, that might help us understand all this?

Thank you very much.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enm_lti,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually, there should not be any references to user names or passwords in the scheduled tasks script files. This information is stored in another "place".

Please also note that you can create a special report file which will contain the detailed information about all currently scheduled tasks in the following way:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- You can now view schedreport.txt for details;

Please be aware that you should be a member of the Backup Operators and at least Power Users groups in order to be able to create images using Acronis True Image 9.0 (both to schedule a task or start the image creation process manually).

You can check the privileges by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Users -> double click on the user name.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- Describe the way you have created this particular image in more detail;

- What exact commands have you used to create this image?

- Describe the difference between Me and DomAd users in more detail;

- Make a screen shot of the Windows Explorer showing the contents of the folder this image file resides in and along with the sreen shot of the appropriate screen of the Check Archive wizard which does not "see" this image;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  3. enm_lti

enm_lti Registered Member

Thank you for the help. I will try to sumit the info you have requested directly to Acronis Support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.