Trying to shrink damaged my partiion?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by kevcar, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevcar

kevcar Registered Member

I am using a dl360 G4. scsi drives in raid 0+1. I attempted to shrink my partition down from 137gb to 70 gb. The process completed but on reboot nothing. Not even the boot loader. Just a 0 and a flashing cursor. Never seen that before. Tried going in the repair cd and the drives and data is there, just no boot. Tried fixing the mbr and fixing the boot in windows recovery. Nothing. Tried running chkdsk. It hangs at 25%. I used a windwos ERD disk and was able to get to the files I needed and copy them to a usb drive. Getting ready to do a complete reinstall. Sucks because its SBS server 2003. Any ideas of what I can do? All boot files are there.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello kevcar,

Since the partitions and files are intact, right-click the partitions and check their flags. They should be active(mark as inactive) and unhidden(hide). You can also run the boot corrector to see if the OS is bootable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.