Trying to sell my boss on Nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jmullis, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmullis

jmullis Registered Member

Oct 9, 2008
    For a while now I've been using Eset Nod32 on my systems and always recommend it to friends and family. I work for a company that provides outsourced IT to small and medium sized businesses that are too small to require their own dedicated IT. When I first started here we sold a small business version of McAfee that worked reasonably well but license renewal was a pain for us and McAfee kept going behind our backs and contacting our customers directly asking them if they wanted to renew (we weren't trying to make money reselling McAfee licenses we just like to handle all that and not have the customers worry about it and what McAfee was doing made us look bad). We ended up switching to Microsoft's Forefront AV because it is relatively easy for us to license. I was also able to hack together a reporting server that all our clients could report to regardless of their domain/network setup (Normally Forefront reporting is handled by MOM which doesn't like cross-domain type setups).

We looked at Nod32 during our switch but my boss was worried about licensing and that coupled with some (idiot) sales person at ESET telling him that the admin console was no longer being developed gave him cause to skip over it. However in the last month we've had close to a dozen "fake" AV infections on systems running Forefront fully up-to-date and I think I can start pressuring him to at least try Nod32.

My reason for posting this thread is I need to assure him it won't be a complete pain in the ass for us to license and renew. Can we resell Nod32 licenses? Can we handle renewals? Can we get a singular admin console to manage all our installs regardless of network and domain? Can we manage updating and licensing through the console?

These all may be questions for a sales person and I might have to take the initiative to call in but wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts before going there.
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Apr 4, 2006

I think your best option is to call your local ESET office or distributor back and ask to speak to a channel program manager about the reseller program so that they can correctly answer your questions related to the licensing and renewal side of things.

On the technical side, ESET Remote Administrator not just being maintained but is actively being developed and improved. A new version was just posted to the beta test portal here.

If, for some reason, ESET NOD32 Antivirus is not able to remove a rogue antivirus program, you can try using the standalone ESET Rogue Antivirus Cleaner available from this page on ESET's web site.

Aryeh Goretsky
  3. volvic

volvic Registered Member

Aug 17, 2009

OR use malwarebytes anti-malware
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.