Trying to restore just a couple of files

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by pangirl, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pangirl

pangirl Registered Member

Hello,

I'm using Paragon Backup & Recovery 2010 Free Advanced. I thought I should have the ability to restore individual files, but it appears that the backup option I performed may not provide that ability. Am hoping someone can help.

Last week I did a complete backup of my laptop (running Windows XP) so that I could restore to it if necessary - I was going to install Windows 7. I also made a bootable Windows XP cd. The backup appeared to go well and I have a folder called arc_151111xxxxxxxxx and there are several img_x_xxxxx files in it, along with a few .PBF and .pbm files.

I found this document that discusses restoring individual files from a backup. However, since I don't see the folder structures shown in the examples, am I correct in my assumption that the only thing I can do with my particular backup is to restore my system to Windows XP?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Try the following:
    * go to Archives tab in Full scale launcher
    * find Volume Explorer in the top-right corner of the window
    and try the instructions for Volume Explorer

OR:
    * go to Archives tab
    * in drop-down menu list just above the archives list select 'Show partitions'
    * select the required partition from the list
    * righ-click the required archive and select 'Restore files from selected archive' option (the last option in the list)
    Then follow the instructions "(3) Using ‘Restore File From Archive’ option" from http://kb.paragon-software.com/para...atId=2124&objId=6178&statId=1557034&foLang=en

3. pangirl

pangirl Registered Member

I never wrote back to say thank you for the help. I was able to get the archive to open in tree mode and can access my files now.

I really appreciate it!!

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

You are welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.